It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neurology Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2013, 03:58 AM   #1
(male)

grabut HB User
Has anyone taken Topamax for ET

Hi
Has anyone taken Topamax for essential tremor, im on 100 mg at present no side affects but not controlling tremors yet.
Thanks
Graham

Old 08-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
(female)

tbm HB User
Re: Has anyone taken Topamax for ET

Hey grabut,
I'm on Topamax 225 for migraines and I have tremors. Not sure what ET is, but I've had the shakes since i was born in my hands. Later in life a doctor called them tremors. When I'm really stressed or haven't eaten mine will be worst,sometimes even going up my arm. It's always difficulty to text or use my nook.
Anyway, i've been on topamax a long time and it has never helped my tremors. Now I don't know if u have thyroid problems or not, but I do. Thyroid is key to so many things, my tremors are messed up right now, but normally they are cool. But my levels are really off so my body is really screwed up, but my meds will eventually work themselves out again when my body is ready for them.
Hope some or any of this was helpful. Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to tbm For This Useful Post:
grabut (08-19-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Just FYI, there is a new, experimental treatment for ET using MRI guided focused ultrasound. It is done only within clinical trials at this point, but you might check into it and see if any trials are available in the UK yet. Eventually, this will be available and I would follow up on the progress of it. It works immediately to stop the tremors, and will be a Godsend to ET sufferers. There are clinical trials in the US and in Canada right now. My Mom is going to have it done soon in Seattle. The trials are thru the NIH in US.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
(male)

grabut HB User

Hi tbm and ladybud
Thanks for the reply,
Im at the end of week 3 now on topomax and its starting to work for me so im really surprised. Ive had no side effects whatsoever except a dry mouth at times so i drink more water. I are up to 200mg per day split 100 morning and 100mg night, my tremors are greatly reduced and i generally feel a lot better. I are on top of my job now at work instead of the other way round, for me i have had no adverse affects on these tablets. I are hoping that when i get up to the 300 mg that the tremor will not be noticeable.
Thanks
Graham

Last edited by grabut; 08-24-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Old 09-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
(female)

sunshine88 HB User

Hi, I take topomax 50 mg for migraines, I was having vision disturbances without headaches called auras. Fixed me right up! I have no complaints about this medicine what so ever

Reply Reply