It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board

Muscle twitching- 18 years on

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2017, 11:19 AM   #1
Mairigold
(female)

Mairigold HB User
Muscle twitching- 18 years on

Hi. I first came on the neuromuscular forum after developing severe muscle twitching all over my body which started in Feb 1999. I was a student aged 24. I'm now 41. It was clear that it was going to be extremely difficult to find out what was causing the twitching. At the time I was doing a PhD in neuropsychology and when I spoke to my most emminent PhD supervisor he thought I was frankly nuts and almost shooed me out of his office. Thereafter ensued a trek around a total of 17 different doctors and a very sad 2 years of scouring the internet to find out what was causing this. It was pretty much the only symptom, apart from another weird symptom which was missing out the first letter of everything I wrote! The author Amy tan also decribed this too when she had Lyme disease. Anyway I had seronegatibe Lyme disease, it cost me £8000 to get treated privately in Switzerland (I live in Scotland). Over time it became obvious it was Lyme, with joint swelling stiff beck etc. I got over all symptoms apart from I still get muscle twitching quite a bit however I am completely habituated to it and it does not bother me in the least. It took around 4 years for it not to bother me, but it's still there, -as ever mostly in my legs and thumbs. So just thought I'd share my story! Oh and also I was told by sooo many doctors to take anti depressants. Oh also to say I later developed a big liver cyst which o believe was caused by the huge amount of antibiotics I had to take. One of my tests was positive in Switzerland but it's hard to get treatment agreed if you don't get a positive test and many tests are negative even when they are positive. Also the treatment of large doses of antibiotics is very very controversial.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2017, 01:15 PM   #2
dr octopus
(male)

dr octopus HB User
Re: Muscle twitching- 18 years on

I have had widespread muscle fasciculations/twitching for years. All tests normal except for a mildly abnormal EMG. Still living with it, still kicking....

Old 07-15-2017, 08:02 AM   #3
MLR2
(female)

MLR2 HB User
Re: Muscle twitching- 18 years on

I got the twitching as well. All over but mostly in my lower lip. It is still very aggravating to me. Wonder if that will change...

Closed Thread