It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2004, 11:39 AM   #1
(male)

bertrand HB User
Twitches in eye/twitches in body/tinnitus: connection?

For close to 6 months, I have had moderate twitchings occurring all over my body--generally in my arms, my legs, or on my back. In the last two months, I have also started experiencing occasional twitching in my right eye, especially when I lay down. This eye twitching is also paired with a moderate tinnitus in my right ear, which also escalates when I am lying down. Could there be a connection between all of these? Could my tinnitus in the ear actually be a cochlear nerve twitch?

I've read on these boards that magnesium is recommended for cases like this and I plan to begin supplementing my diet with more nuts and magnesium tablets. But I am still worried that my worsening twitchings will develop into something large-scale.

Please help.

Old 01-03-2004, 07:19 PM   #2

bonfire snow HB User
Re: Twitches in eye/twitches in body/tinnitus: connection?

I have the same twitches, I hope you can find out something too. If you do please post it and I will do the same. good luck
bonfire snow

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2004, 07:59 AM   #3

softail one HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrand
For close to 6 months, I have had moderate twitchings occurring all over my body--generally in my arms, my legs, or on my back. In the last two months, I have also started experiencing occasional twitching in my right eye, especially when I lay down. This eye twitching is also paired with a moderate tinnitus in my right ear, which also escalates when I am lying down. Could there be a connection between all of these? Could my tinnitus in the ear actually be a cochlear nerve twitch?

I've read on these boards that magnesium is recommended for cases like this and I plan to begin supplementing my diet with more nuts and magnesium tablets. But I am still worried that my worsening twitchings will develop into something large-scale.

Please help.
Are your eye twitches really 'eyelid' twitches? Eyelid twitches can be caused by lack of sleep and stress. That is usually what causes them.
However if you are having twitches elsewhere I think you should see a neurologist. You might want to call now for an appointment because it takes months to get in to see one!

Old 01-27-2004, 05:25 PM   #4

Greenman438 HB User

Hey guys! Here to give relief! You probably have, but if not, first read up on benign fasciculation sydrome. I certainly have it. I've been twitching over my entire body for a year now. Big twitches, little twitches, buzzing feelings, anywhere on my body, any time, even my tounge. Of course I went through the usual "I have ALS!" scare, but I'm over it. I'm in great physical shape, maintaining body weight, good agility, no other symptoms to speak of.
I also have tinnitis that i developed 9 months ago. My right ear rings constantly all the time never letting up. Have ben to neuro, gotten the MRI, everything, all normal. 10% of the popultion has tinnitis, and it comes from hearing loss. Yes, it can be a symptom of things like MS, as can twitching, but I wouldn't consider the worst before considering the most likely: you just twitch and your ear rings. Nothing to worry about. If, however, you are also experiencing WEAKNESS, balance problems, persistent headaches, etc, then you might want to go get checked out. But if you just twitch, get used to it. It happens I don't even notice mine anymore!

Closed Thread