It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2004, 02:52 PM   #1

jaeana HB User
Angry muscles twitching-4 months post partum..scared!!!!

Hello'
I'm so glad I found this board! Ever since I had my daughter 4 months ago, i've been experiencing some weird things.
I get muscle twitching in my upper thighs, calves and feet. Sometimes hands and arms. The ones in the legs I get everyday but not happen sporadically. My hands seem shakey too, but it might be my imagination
I thought it might be MS. Just had an MRI done 3 weeks ago and it came back totally clear.
I do have post partum depression and I'm taking Zoloft for that.
However, I had my symptoms before I was on any medication.
I'm convinced I have some life threatning disease...
my hubby reassures me the MRI was clear so I should stop my worrying.
Could it be stress that is causing all these sensations?
I suppose vitamin deficiency could also the problem?
Anyone experience this or have any words of advice to comfort me?
p.s I don't have any pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2004, 08:08 PM   #2

stacey01 HB User
Re: muscles twitching-4 months post partum..scared!!!!

Hey, youre way ahead of me, i have never officially gotten my own twitches checked out by my MD, and i would be so relieved to have an MRI come back normal I have never had a child, but i do have anxiety real bad several times a year and i expierience the SAME exact symptoms as you do with the thighs, calfs, and they can jump all around when they want to.... I have been told it is harmless and ANXIETY or DEPRESSION can absolutely cause them. You suffer from depression and the anxieties youre having about these twitches are probably making them persist. I was worried day and night about my twitches and now , 4 months later , theyre still around but only when i get worked up over things (arguing, upset, etc) or occasionally for no reason. An electrolyte imbalance can cause benigh fasciculation syndrome due to the abnormal chemical impulses in the muscles. A vitamin deficieny, i think magnesium, not completely sure if that is the exact vitamin, but there is a vitamin that can be involved in a twitching problem. Many things can cause benign twitches and i would bet u are completely fine , and that they will calm down if u will try and get ahold of some anxieties about it. Constant twitching in the thighs lasted for about 1-2 months for me EVERYDAY, and I was taking an Anatomy and Physiology and my professor advised me not to worry about unless i had muscle weakness and impaired, uncontrollable movement. Hope this helps, good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2004, 03:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Rick7799 HB User

The Zoloft could be aggravating the condition. I have had muscle twitches for about 15 years. I started on Zoloft a few years back and the twitching got worse. I stopped taking it and it went back to where it was before. I had it before but I do feel the Zoloft made it worse.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
(female)

kickstar1 HB User

Hi Jeanna,

I have exactly the same thing happening right now!!! My baby is 4 months and for about 2 months I have been twitching (mostly feet and hands) but also have muscle tremors, muscle weakness, dizziness, pressure in my head, I feel like I wobble all the time....How did that work out with you? DId it eventually stop??
I went to a neurologist and he said that I am fine that it will eventually go away....I am thinking I might have the Chronic Fatigue Syndrom ( my EBV was active on my blood test results..)

Thanks!
Tanja

Old 12-24-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
(female)

hypnotiic HB User

wow.. finally someone and myself are experiencing the same thing... ever since i had my son in aug07 ive been having twitching all over tingling numbness cant feel the urge to pee no more.. loss of appetite and dizziness... sometimes the symptoms get better.. sometimes their worse.. i recommend everyone who has this gets an emg.. i had one and they said it looks like i have myopathy but i have to do a whole bunch of other tests.. anywho... hows everyones elses symptoms coming along? i would love to hear more.. i hope you guys are doing better! talk to you soon!

Closed Thread