It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2004, 08:18 AM   #1
(female)

Lotuslilgrl HB User
Muscle/Nerve Twitches at night

For the past few days I have had twitches in the night upon sleeping. I cannot sleep due to this. They range from the back of my head to my arms, legs, chest. I also have had diarreha, nevous stomach, some chest pains, feel anxious all the time. Everytime I eat something i haver to run to the bathroom. Also the first day my left arm felt as if my funny bone was touched, kinda weird and tingly. I'm kinda worried (as usual). I used to get headaches often, had ana MRI and it cam back normal.
Any suggestions on what this may be?

Old 09-28-2004, 11:17 AM   #2
Inactive

ronnald_b HB User
Re: Muscle/Nerve Twitches at night

I have twitching in my legs. Can't figure it out, but it's not bad enough to prevent me from sleeping. Don't know what to tell you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2004, 11:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

I can sure empathize with this nerve jumping mess! I don't have any stomach problems associated with it, but since I lifted my heavy computer out of the back seat yesterday, I've been having a nerve to jump like a kicked dog, just below and behind my left armpit, on my far left back! It let in on me last night, and has been at me with a vengeance today! I slept, thankfully, but I guess I strained a muscle lifting that computer, and it has caused this. I have nerves in my face to jump at times, but I'm happy to report that part of it is in remission currently. Would'n't you know, sitting at the computer, what I enjoy doing is aggravating the jumps back there. I sure hope yours goes away soon, Lotus. Mine probably will, but it's been a day of tension and nervousness from this today. All the best,

P.S. There is a ronnald on a Tinnitus Support Forum who spells his name like yours, ronnald! Is it you?

Old 09-29-2004, 09:54 AM   #4

dianne12315 HB User

I used to get a lot of muscle twitching and tingling in all extemities and even my scalp.After I had lab work done it was found that I have a low magnesium level. The doctor gave me magnesium pills and they helped. I no longer have the muscle twitching or tingling. It might something for you to look into too.

Old 09-29-2004, 02:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Anxiety Man HB User

Hello, Diane & folks--I went to the Dr. today and he said that this muscle jumping is normal for a strain. I verified this by checking it out on Google also. I'm relieved, and I "thought" a strain might do that, but wasn't sure. I'd never had spasms like that from a strain before. I guess at age 57, anything is possible! So, henceforth, I may recruit someone to lift this bucket of bolts when it goes to the shop. I seem better, and am taking it easy with the arm and back muscle.

Old 10-15-2004, 09:22 PM   #6
(female)

teadkin HB User
Smile Re: Muscle/Nerve Twitches at night

The muscle twitching you are referring to is called Myoclonus, however, THIS IS AN EXTREMELY NORMAL FORM OF MYOCLONUS !! Actually, it is very normal, maybe moreso for some than others, but DEFINITELY NOTHING to even think twice about. Myoclonus in any other form is not normal and always related to a (usually) very abnormal nerve problem which is usually a nerve inury. Please do not be alarmed, whereas people do differ in the amount of twitching/jumping feelings that occur at night and they can increase/decrease in severity greatly over different periods of time, it is common for everyone to experience this at sometime in their lives. Hope this helps...teadkin

Closed Thread