It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2005, 05:18 PM   #1

bpatrick HB User
Twitches everywhere, lost half my strength

I started having muscle twitches 2 years ago. I went to my doctor and he said don't worry about it. I then stopped taking Creatine and proceeded to start losing a lot of strength. The Creatine had never given me any extra strength that's why I stopped using it. I went to my doctor again and he said "You're getting old". I finally went to a neurologist who did an EMG and he said my nerves are moving too slowly and he said he thought I may have one of three rare diseases and possible ALS. He then sent me to USC for more tests by another Neuro. THe new neuro wants me to have an MRI to see if I have a pinched nerve. I already tried an open MRI but was too claustorphobic. My old neuro said since the twitches are all over my body it's unlikely I have a pinched nerve but the new neuro still wants an MRI. A year ago I could bench 210 lbs and now I struggle with 135 lbs. The new neuro also said he thinks maybe my immune system is attacking my myelin sheath. I have an appointment to see the new neuro in a month. I'm just wondering how important is an MRI and is a point 6 tesla strong enough. The open MRI is only a point 3 tesla but a "Stand Up MRI" is point 6. The new neuro is wondering if standing up will give him the same view as laying down. I know the stronger the tesla the better the image but I could never be in a tube.
All he wants to know at this point is if I have a pinched nerve. I'm continuing to lose strength and I'm extremely fatigued.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread