It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #31
(female)

psanta HB User
Re: INDENTATION IN OUTER LEFT THIGH

Hello Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has received a diagnosis for the mysterious indent in left thigh. I have had an indent in my left thigh for about three month now, and my family doctor is stumped as to what the cause is. I have noticed the the indent started in the middle of my mid thigh area, and is now starting to move around to the side of my thigh, which really has me worried because I am healthy and have never had any medical issues besides a herniated disc due to a back injury 8 years ago. Any information regarding the mysterious indent is appreciated thanks.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #32
(female)

Nayknee HB User
Thumbs up Re: INDENTATION IN OUTER LEFT THIGH

Hello all!
I woke up this morning with a "Vanident". Thanks to the guy who used this term here! This is actually a great term for it.
I had spent a lot more time leaning over the sink last night. When I woke up this morning I noticed a dent in my left thigh. I thought it might be a fatty lipoma (I've had 2), but it wasn't circular/egg shaped and it doesn't move under the skin like one. I thought it might be some sort of flat type tumor as well. Glad I found this site, because I am convinced it's from leaning on the sink. (It is in the perfect spot)
Just FYI, I am 5' 5" and about 137lbs. I lost about 35lbs about a year ago and have kept it off. I recently became physically active by taking Taekwando, etc.
I am 39 and notice that my skin and the fat underneath are not as resilient as they used to be. I also haven't been one to put on a lot of makeup and have recently started in the last year. Guess I will be finding a new way of applying makeup without leaning on the sink. Also, for those who might be interested. I think by rubbing Emu oil into the area on a daily basis may speed the progress of filling in the dent. I am going to try this and I will update with how long it takes.
Emu oil helps thicken skin (yes I know, not fat) and is an anti-inflammatory as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2011, 08:39 AM   #33
(female)

GraceKelly11 HB User

Hi everyone.
Just wanted to see if anyone is still posting on here?
I have the exact same thing too.. I've had my dent for around over a month now
I moved in october so Ive had to have my computor in my room, and I bought a new chair, wich I used to lean on LOADS!! for ages!! hours and hours lol. So Im guessing that's the cause? anyway, I went to my doctors, she just said its probably the muscle and it can take months to go back to normal
but hey ho, Im kind of glad! im a total hypocondriac all sorts was running through my mind!
but also, around march/april I'd been going to the gym alot, really pushing myself on the bike so I'm thinking maybe I really made my leg kind of vunerable for something like this to happen maybe? anyway, get back to me! I want to hear from more of you fellow dented people..

Old 09-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #34
(female)

Nayknee HB User
Thumbs up Re: INDENTATION IN OUTER LEFT THIGH

Just wanted to give an update!
I quit leaning on my leg (takes conscious effort) and after a few months, my dent is entirely gone.Thank goodness that is all that it takes to get rid of it. So, never fear, you just have to pay attention and not lean into the counter/table with your legs!

The Following User Says Thank You to Nayknee For This Useful Post:
mellowyellow237 (02-25-2012)
Old 10-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #35
(female)

amgmc HB User

Dear fellow dented ones,
Mine was a bit different. It was on the outside of my upper arm. After it grew to about 4" in diameter I went to the dr. Turns out it was from the steroid shot she'd given me the month before. She apologized & said that subsequent shots should be given in my rear as my arms are too thin. The steroid reaction of eating the fat in my arm was quite rare. However, after several months, it filled back in! So, if you are going to have a steroid shot & you are thin, pick a different spot as this was quite unsightly!

Closed Thread