It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
(male)

ricky55 HB User
internal tremors and muscle ticks????

I have been having a lot of wierd symptoms for the last 8 months. I am a 26 y/o male. Let me start by saying I did ecstasy and worked in a hot factory(not during work) about one year ago. I was taking ecstasy about once a month for a year or so. I think a combination of the two caused my problems.
I am hoping someone on here can help me. I have accumulated big hospital bills about 8 months ago trying to figure out what is wrong with me. I cannot afford to go back and get the run around again.
Ill give you the timeline of my symptoms because they have changed a lot since they began.

1st month
-First symptom was a scary pressure in my head after drinking a bottle of gatorade. My arteries in my temples were bulging out and I thought I was going to have a stroke. I took my blood pressure reading and it was 170/100. later the pressure went away but would come back after eating large meals.
-I would get muscle ticks when resting
-My heart rate would go below 50bpm when resting
-I could feel my heart beating when resting

2nd month
-I started getting tremmors when falling asleep. A vibrating feeling around my nose that got worse the deeper I fell asleep. Sometimes it was so bad I was afraid to sleep. I have felt them after waking up but only for about ten minutes or so.
-still get muscle ticks
-I felt shakey when working in a hot invironment. I remember if i took my head from left to right my movement felt choppy.
-No pressure in my temples anymore
-One hot day in the factory I saw for the first time my veins in my hands were bulging out so bad it scared me. I started to get it regurlarly after eating large meals. I started to think that there was something putting presure on my veins near my heart because the pressure that was in my head seemed to have moved to my arms and hands.
-My body temperature seemed to be out of controll. Sometimes I would feel so hot and other times I would shiver after drinking a glass of water.
-I started feeling sharp pains just below my breastbone and sometimes on my left side. I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and gastritis.
-My arms would fall asleep if I didn't keep them straight when sleeping and my legs would tingle. I told the doctor this and he kept me in the cardiac ward for 3 days monitoring my heart while giving me fluids. They said my heart is fine
-I noticed my urine was foamy and I urinated frequently.
-I got frequent chills down my spine.
-occasionally see swirls in my vision.
-I still felt my heart beating when resting
-sometimes my hands and feet are very cold

Present day
-I feel very light tremmors when falling asleep.
-I have a new symptom that is pretty scary. When falling asleep after a night of having muscle ticks. I feel this wierd pressure building up in my head and then my head jerks back. It only happens when I am almost completely asleep. The pressure is not like when my blood pressure was high but more like the feeling you get before orgasm. Sorry that is the only way to describe it. I also get jaw clenching when I get this
-I still occasionally get chills down my spine
-I dont feel shakey anymore when im hot
-my veins in my hands pop out occasionally but not bad like before. It seems to be related to what I eat and my body temperature. When I am not in a hot environment you cannot see my veins at all.
-I get bad headaches behind my eyes once in a while. It almost feels like eye strain but im not sure. I work as a cashier now and usually get headaches about halfway through the day but dont get them much at other times
-for a while i would get ringing in my ears that only lasted a few seconds at a time but that has seemed to have gone away.
-I get shakey or tremble in stressfull situations
-I still get cold some nights. I have 3 blankets on me and still cant stay warm.
-still get foamy urine occasionally. I have noticed that the more frequent my urine is foamy the worse I feel. doctors said there is no protein detected. I do not urinate frequently like before
-My hands and feet still are occasionally very cold
-my pains in my stomach and side are gone
-I no longer feel my heart beating when resting.
-I checked my blood pressure today and it was perfect 120/79.

Well I am glad I wrote this because I actually thought back on how bad it was before and it seems to be getting better. I was just scared because I developed a new symptom. Just last week I started taking Calcium, Maganesium, and Zinc pills. Im not sure if that has anything to do with whats wrong with me but for some reason I have been feeling better.I am hoping I am not the only one on the planet with these problems. Well thank you for reading. Hope to get some advise.

Last edited by ricky55; 08-19-2006 at 10:35 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to ricky55:
minnie pearl (01-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2007, 06:45 AM   #2
(male)

bilco HB User
Re: internal tremors and muscle ticks????

Hi

I also get internal tremors and problems in the back of my head and have problems handling stress. Have you had your adrenals checked? Could be that you have overloaded them by drug taking. Mine was down to excess stress. This area is a bit controversial and standard lab tests were normal. However, a 24 hour adrenal stess test, suggested by another doctor showed up the problem.

Closed Thread