It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2006, 07:16 AM   #1
(female)

threethings HB User
Muscle / Nerve Twitching

Hello all -
For about a year now I've had muscle / nerve twitching. It occurs mostly in my legs but can happen in most parts of my body. It's not the pulsing twitching...it's a quick jerk. It's the same type of feeling as when the doctor checks your reflexes....a quick jerk. I had a few strange health problems last year and that's when I started getting these. They have not disappeared but really haven't gotten too much worse (maybe a few more a day). I plan to see a neurologist but in the meantime...any ideas what this might be? I have no numbness or anything...just the jerking / twitching.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:04 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Willapp HB User
Re: Muscle / Nerve Twitching

My personal research into this problem hasn't come up with anything conclusive. It could be anything from a vitamin/mineral deficiency (magnesium and potassium in particular), to side-effects from other medicines, to anxiety/stress - that's before you consider anything more serious.

Seeing a neurologist is the best course of action, and is probably the only way you'll really find out what the cause is. I wouldn't worry about it being anything major though - as I've said, stress/anxiety can make these 'symptoms' worse, or even be the sole cause of the problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
(female)

threethings HB User
Re: Muscle / Nerve Twitching

Thanks for the reply. I am only on Prilosec and the BC Pill so it can't be meds. I will try and take calcium though as the BC pill can deplete that. Hmm. I will go to the neurologist after the holidays. I doubt it's anything serious because I don't have any other symptoms...no tremors, numbness, cramping, etc...just the jerking movements. Thank you again for your input. It is much appreciated! Happy Holidays!

Closed Thread