It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
(male)

recon1 HB User
Weakness/Fatigue

Any thoughts on the following symptoms would be greatly appreciated. I'll be as brief as possible.

I'm a 43 yoa male and have always had fairly good health. I do have high blood pressure(treated) and low testosterone level.

May/June 2006 after working outside the day before, I a noticed painful spot on right side of head for 4-5 days. Highly stressed, began to have a very tight feeling at the base of skull 5-7 days. Looked these symptoms up on the interenet and was concerned. Shoulders began to feel very heavy and weak. Went to GP who looked for possible bite site on side of head, and did complete blood work for upcoming physical exam. Thought this may be side effects from blood pressure medication or low testosterone level. Changed BP med's. During this time began to have muscle twitching in abdomen and thighs. July 2006 had physical with blood work normal except for cholesterol a little high and low testosterone. Began testosterone replacement. Have had hypertension for 3-4 years normally controlled with medication. Symptoms seemed to resolve themselves after changing BP med's.

December 2006 hurt both shoulders at work the week before Christmas. Again very stressed about health and about returning to a second job after the holidays. First week of Jan 2007 began to feel extremely weak and fatigued especially in arms and legs. After looking this up on the internet I began to have muscle twitching again now in calfs, arms, shoulders, almost everywhere. Hands and feet feel tight and crampy from time to time. I also have a strange feeling near the left corner of my mouth. Cannot detect any objective weakness in any limb but the weak/fatigued feeling is there. Went to my GP last week, and he also could not detect any weakness in limbs. GP prescribed me something for anxiety and suggested that have a sleep study conducted. Just completed the sleep study at a local Neurologist office. No results yet. Have not slept well for over ten years, I suspect sleep apnea. I stopped using the testosterone replacement back in November. As you may have guessed I suffer from extreme health anxiety. The internet only makes this worse. I constantly worry about this and can't seem to get it off my mind. I'm sorry for being so long winded. Thank you for any information you may have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread