It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2007, 07:11 PM   #1
(female)

Michelle71 HB User
Unhappy motor neuron disease

Hi, my name is Michelle. I am 35 yrs old and was originally diagnosed a few months ago with polymiositis. I've been on Prednisone (which didn't really do anything and IVIG treatments which didn't work either ( but I did end up with chemical menengitis). My Neurologist sent me to his mentor at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio ( just got back yesterday) and they feel I have a motor neuron disease of some type. I currently can't walk and my arms and hands are weak, my legs get really cold sometimes, sometimes they fell real restless which is aggravating being I can't move them, I don't have pain, just cramps when they are in one position for a long time. Anyway, I took my 4th EMG this week of which hurt this time and now I am very sore. There are no specifics yet and the doctor told me there will be more tests I need to take here with my doctor, which is ok, they seem very detailed in their research. I am basically starting all over again. He did say that motor neuron could be a wide variety of things, but when I look it up I mainly get stuff on ALS (which honestly scares the hell out of me, I have two children and a single mom) What other diseases can be diagnosed? and has anyone gotten strong enough to walk again? He also said from my lumbar punctures I had low counts of white blood cells, and he'll want to do another to see if its down to zero. Confused, scared, frustrated. Would love some feedback.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2007, 12:48 PM   #2
(female)

Maggie77 HB User
Re: motor neuron disease

Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) is also considered a motor neuron disease.

Closed Thread