It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
(male)

jalewis11 HB User
Shaking/Vibrating Muscles

Hello all,
I'm looking for some ideas as to what may be causing my odd symptoms. I am a 27-year-old male. Over the past few weeks, I've been experiencing a vibrating sensation in the muscles of my chest, neck, shoulders, and legs (mainly calves). The vibrations will sometimes subside for a week or so, and then return. I was recently diagnosed with GERD and have taken Protonix, Prevacid, and now Ranitidine. I'm also having some aching off an on in the left side of my chest (had EKG, bloodwork, and stress test...all with no heart problems detected).
I can live with the GERD symptoms, which will hopefully be improving soon, but does anyone know what could be causing the muscle shaking? When my neck muscles shake, it's as though I can feel my pulse beating hard in my neck. I'm sometimes feeling my heart pounding hard in my chest also, which drives me insane. I thought it may be some sort of vitamin/mineral deficiency, but my bloodwork showed nothing. Can a pinched nerve cause these symptoms? My job requires a lot of time behind a desk, which has given me a very tight/sore right side of my lower neck consistently.
Thank you so much for any feedback that you can provide.
Jason

Old 05-20-2007, 05:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: Shaking/Vibrating Muscles

It's possible, I have a pinched nerve in my neck and sometimes my muscles and heart does this way. Do you ever get a numbing sensation, like for instance, my neck sometimes goes numb in a certain part, then after a few minutes it goes away.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
(male)

jalewis11 HB User

I get a little bit of tingling in my arms, but really not much numbness. What other symptoms does your pinched nerve cause?

Old 05-21-2007, 02:49 PM   #4
(male)

Frodoh HB User

I tweaked my neck in october (slight herniation at c5-c6) and I notice that my calves twitch. Not the whole muscle but if I stare at my calves it looks likes there's bugs crawling under my skin - kind of like micro-spasms.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

I get the tingling feeling and if I leave my arm in the wrong position it goes to sleep on me.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:27 PM   #6
(male)

nightphoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalewis11 View Post
Hello all,
I'm looking for some ideas as to what may be causing my odd symptoms. I am a 27-year-old male. Over the past few weeks, I've been experiencing a vibrating sensation in the muscles of my chest, neck, shoulders, and legs (mainly calves). The vibrations will sometimes subside for a week or so, and then return. I was recently diagnosed with GERD and have taken Protonix, Prevacid, and now Ranitidine. I'm also having some aching off an on in the left side of my chest (had EKG, bloodwork, and stress test...all with no heart problems detected).

I can live with the GERD symptoms, which will hopefully be improving soon, but does anyone know what could be causing the muscle shaking? When my neck muscles shake, it's as though I can feel my pulse beating hard in my neck. I'm sometimes feeling my heart pounding hard in my chest also, which drives me insane. I thought it may be some sort of vitamin/mineral deficiency, but my bloodwork showed nothing. Can a pinched nerve cause these symptoms? My job requires a lot of time behind a desk, which has given me a very tight/sore right side of my lower neck consistently.
Thank you so much for any feedback that you can provide.
Did you notice this sensation before or after you started taking the Prevacid or other PPIs??? Because I have the exact same sensations you describe and never noticed them until after I was put on prevacid for reflux/ulcers? And I'm trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with me....I'm going off the PPI for 72 hours to see what happens but I'll be VERY interested to see if you had this before or after the GERD dianosis!

Please let me know.....we just might have the same problem.

.have you asked anyone you know, family member or anything to feel if they can actually FEEL the muscles shaking? I've done that and they say that can't really feel anything......nor can they see it, but I can feel it.

Last edited by nightphoenix; 05-26-2007 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Oh edited to add another question..

Old 12-28-2007, 04:12 AM   #7
(male)

johnnyk1975 HB User

Hey there, I have the exact same problem.Am on ppi for stomach ulcers/gerd.Heart pounds all the time and have awful sensations in neck and throat.same to be able to feel my pulse everywhere and just donfeel right.not to depress you but has been going on for nearly three years now and have had all the tests ,cameras, heart test including stress test and echo cariograph. Am going for an ablation in the next few months but have little faith that this will solve problem.I fyou have found any thing out could you please get back to me.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #8
(male)

Steve200124 HB User

Jason-

I believe that we may both be suffering the same symptoms. I too as of lately have had a certain "jitteryness"/light vibrating of my muscles along with increased amounts of muscle twitching. I am a healthy 22 year old male who works out on a regular basis, and I just started experiencing these symptoms about a month ago. I just went to the doctor and he thought that it might be my Thyroid creating too much hormone which can cause shakiness of the muscles, but my tests just came back fine. Have you figured out what was causing the constant vibrating. Certain days seem to be worse for me than others, but I wake up with this problem and go to sleep with it, so I dont feel like it could be anxiety, especially since I am a low stress person. The best way I can describe it is "muscle anxiousness" - sometimes I feel like I want to just lift something or bench press the feeling out of me. Any new ideas? I realize this is an old post, but I'm pretty worried about what this could be.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #9
(male)

JP608 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodoh View Post
I tweaked my neck in october (slight herniation at c5-c6) and I notice that my calves twitch. Not the whole muscle but if I stare at my calves it looks likes there's bugs crawling under my skin - kind of like micro-spasms.
I know that your post was a few years ago, have you figured it out yet? I have the same feeling, and would be interested in a possible cause.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #10
(male)

mknc HB User

i am 25 y.o male, and up untill recently considered myself very healthy.
I now sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and it feels as if the inner core of my body is buzzing and shaking uncontrollably. I am also very cold at this stage even though i am covered with thick blankets and sleep with sweat pants and a jumper. I find it hard to go back to sleep as the my whole face and neck are vibrating. i also expeirience twitches througout my body during the day. On most occasion i experience numbness in my pinky and ring fingers on both hands (alternates) whilst sleeping, Has anyone experiences this?

PS: my mother was diagnosed with MS over 18 months ago.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

Old 08-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #11
(male)

chill rain HB User

Did anyone get any answers on this? It's funny, I just did a search for shaky hands because my hands shake all the time. I don't feel like people really notice but I do. And the comment about your calves looking like bugs are crawling under the skin. I get that too... what is the deal? I've been shaky for a long time, ever since I was young (I'm 33 now). It doesn't seem to be getting worse but my hands get sore if I have to type all day.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:45 PM   #12
(female)

dutchess99 HB User

I know what you are talking about. I have the same problems. The other day, I thought I had my phone in my pocket on vibrate. I have recently been diagnosed with metabolic myopathy (mitochondrial). They are still testing to see what strain. I have been having a lot of muscle wasting and weakness in my arms, legs, shoulders, and back. I am also having a lot of muscle pain. Besides what you are describing, I have recently had trouble with swallowing, eye twitching, and shortness of breath. Sound like anything u are going through? anyone?

Old 08-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #13
(female)

*Robin* HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchess99 View Post
I know what you are talking about. I have the same problems. The other day, I thought I had my phone in my pocket on vibrate. I have recently been diagnosed with metabolic myopathy (mitochondrial). They are still testing to see what strain. I have been having a lot of muscle wasting and weakness in my arms, legs, shoulders, and back. I am also having a lot of muscle pain. Besides what you are describing, I have recently had trouble with swallowing, eye twitching, and shortness of breath. Sound like anything u are going through? anyone?
I have the muscle twitching and vibrating (in my stomach, legs, chest, hands, and feet) as well as the symptoms you mentioned. I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease and 2 Lyme co infections in April 2007. I am still treating it. I think these symptoms, for me, are due to Lyme but you can't ever be sure.

Have you ever had a Lyme test?

Old 08-18-2008, 06:09 PM   #14
(female)

dutchess99 HB User

yes, all negative for Lyme disease.

Closed Thread