It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
(female)

Honey88 HB User
Polymyositis

Do these symptoms sound like Polymyositis? After exercise or exertion, I feel these symptoms: dysphagia, blurred vision and have had double vision; muscle weakness in specific muscles, like shoulders, lower back, hands (those muscles that are being exercised or where there is repetition of movement); after l-1/2 hours I feel a general weakness; I also become confused and find it difficult to concentrate or do tasks, like counting change; rest. and better yet sleep is restorative. I have noticed a fine rash on my right eyelid, recently. The symptoms occur everyday now as a year ago they only appeared periodically.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2007, 05:08 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

john449 HB User
Re: Polymyositis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey88 View Post
Do these symptoms sound like Polymyositis? After exercise or exertion, I feel these symptoms: dysphagia, blurred vision and have had double vision; muscle weakness in specific muscles, like shoulders, lower back, hands (those muscles that are being exercised or where there is repetition of movement); after l-1/2 hours I feel a general weakness; I also become confused and find it difficult to concentrate or do tasks, like counting change; rest. and better yet sleep is restorative. I have noticed a fine rash on my right eyelid, recently. The symptoms occur everyday now as a year ago they only appeared periodically.
Polymyositis wouldn't be the first thing I would think of. The symptoms you describe do sound significant and should be evaluated by a neurologist. Good Luck with this...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread