It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
(female)

lalemu HB User
Unhappy elevated muscle enzyme labs

Can anyone help me? My muscle enzyme labs came back the other day at 3000. I had the test repeated and they are down to 263 but I am so exhausted and my muscles hurt so bad. The mri of my arm did not show anything so I am confused. I am scheduled to go for an emg but am getting discouraged and just want to know what it could be. I am so sore and tired. I am only 48 years young. Any ideas of what I can do or has anyone ever experienced this?

Old 05-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: elevated muscle enzyme labs

HI Lalemu! I am sorry you are feeling bad. I am right there with you. I am actually waiting for my doctor to call and tell me my muscle enzyme results. They took my blood yesterday to check for things. I have tired muscles and twitching that has gone on for months. We are starting with that test first and then I have more to come. It's a process of elimination I guess. Please let me know how you are doing and what you find out. That is weird that your number was high and then dropped like that. I wouldn't think it would be bad though, at least it didn't stay up high. Get to feeling better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
(female)

lalemu HB User

Thank you for responding TEdwards. He is thinking that I have polymyolitis. Not sure if I spelled that correctly. You know, at this point, I just want them to tell me what it is instead of me thinking I'm going crazy. I did realize that the first time they took my blood I had worked 8 hrs the day before. When I had my blood re-checked I had been resting the day before (because I was exhausted from working the 8 hrs.) I am wondering what kind of role that plays and I will ask him next week. I am going for another MRI this week. This one is on my thighs. I'm wishing you luck with your tests and keep me informed. Thanks, Leslie

Old 05-31-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

How are you doing lalemu? Anymore results? I got my first test back. The CK enzymes...or whatever that test is. Mine was 80 which she said was normal. I guess the normal range is 24 to 195. So I feel good about that....but now what?? I have more tests on June 10th. This one is where they take needles into the muscles. Its all so freakish. I am having twitches like crazy now. They actually went away for a couple of weeks and now they are back. All I know is that I am under ALOT of stress. So I hope thats all it is. I hope you are well.

Closed Thread