It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
(male)

Oscar602 HB User
Concerned about tremors and spasms

I'm 18 years old and for about 2 years now I've had tremors in both of my hands with an occaisonal twitching of random muscles. Now my middle finger will not stop twitching, I get muscle spasms frequently, and I'm always grinding my teeth. I've tried to stay away from stimulants like caffeine, I am full meals and also getting some extra potassium intake but nothing. What can I do to stop trembling and stop the twitches? I havn't visited a doctor because I am uninsured but I am planning on getting health insurance soon but what can i do in the meantime?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2008, 06:35 PM   #2
(female)

ruzalily HB User
Re: Concerned about tremors and spasms

Hi Oscar,
These symptoms can be confusing and scary, (I should know, I have some of them) and it really is best that you see a neurologist to have some tests done and to rule out anything significant. Women who have these symptoms can have low Vitamin D levels - I really don't know if this is a strong consideration for young men, but everyone needs Vitamin D, so it is a possibility. Other vitamin deficiencies, like B12, can cause these symptoms as well. These are also symptoms of hypothyroidism, and celiac disease - both of which are treatable. They just need to be diagnosed. Try not to worry, but do follow up on that insurance so that you can see a doctor and get a diagnosis. Best wishes Lily

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
(male)

wellnoshow HB User
Re: Concerned about tremors and spasms

You might be suffering from TMJ (Temporomandibular joint disorder). It involves tight jaw muscles and grinding of the teeth, which can further lead to additional stress, tight neck muscles and muscle spasms. I suffer from TMJ and occasionally have random leg twitches or arm twiches and am looking forward to recieving proper treatment.

Closed Thread