It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2009, 02:56 AM   #1
(male)

Charlie144 HB User
Weird muscle disease

Hi, I have a question about the situation my brother is in. So I want explain you his current health situation, and what assumptions my families has made.

My brother is 18 years old and is currently not moving at all. He says his muscles hurt so much when he moves, that he decided to stay all day on the couch and only make the really necessary movements. He describes huge muscle pain and convulsions under effort. He has never been that bad. Doctors didn't find much so far. They made some assumptions such as myositis, metabolic problems or even psychosomatic explanations. The truth is nobody knows what he has.

A difficult familiar situation (divorce and 6 years of constant conflict and argueing on a almost daily basis, very difficult and almost broken relationship to his father) and his personality (he blustered in in almost everything he did, especially and in a very extreme way in sports; sports and muscles have always been the most important thing for him; it seems as if he somehow looks a lot for attention) my brother led us family members to the conclusion that psychosomatic reasons for his disease are very likely.

I would be very interested how others you evaluate this story. Not only experts and people who experienced something like that.
How likely are psychosomatic in this case or what other reasons and explanations are possible?

Hope you can give me some approaches
Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread