It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
(female)

hriegler521 HB User
Left thigh muscle indentation

I have had a dent in my upper right left thigh muscle for about three months. I have had no injuries to this leg or muscle. I am in great health, and work out on a regular basis. I have had no pain or discomfort with this muscle; yet there is a very noticeable horizontal dent high on my thigh muscle. Any thoughts?

Old 01-14-2010, 06:22 AM   #2
(female)

rcgl HB User
Re: Left thigh muscle indentation

I too have the same thing... a dent in the quad muscle of my right leg. It is about 1/3 of the way down from my hip on the outer part of the muscle. I just noticed it the other day and when I got out of the shower last night it was quite visible in the mirror. I am not as active as I once was and have gained some weight so I thought it was the fat layer but it just seems deeper then that. I have no pain or discomfort and I don't lean on anything that would cause this kind of dent. I've looked on-line and it seems that quite a few people have experienced this but no one is giving a medical reason for it....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2010, 09:49 PM   #3
(female)

indented HB User

so relieved that this is not some horrible muscle wasting disease. i have the same thing and am very fit and this indented and bruised spot just showed up out of nowhere. canceling my dr.'s appt.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
(female)

chaffytaffy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgl View Post
I too have the same thing... a dent in the quad muscle of my right leg. It is about 1/3 of the way down from my hip on the outer part of the muscle. I just noticed it the other day and when I got out of the shower last night it was quite visible in the mirror. I am not as active as I once was and have gained some weight so I thought it was the fat layer but it just seems deeper then that. I have no pain or discomfort and I don't lean on anything that would cause this kind of dent. I've looked on-line and it seems that quite a few people have experienced this but no one is giving a medical reason for it....

Old 02-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #5
(female)

chaffytaffy HB User

I also just resently noticed the same thing on my right upper thigh. I suppose a Dr visit is in order

Old 04-28-2010, 09:26 PM   #6
(female)

jewmaican HB User

See the closed threads on this topic as they should provide you with possible explanations. One guy posts a brilliant vanident hypothesis that explains my dent perfectly. In my case, I am left handed and the dent is on my left thigh from leaning on the toilet lever to get closer to the mirror when getting ready in the morning! Im sure this is the issue. I have a friend who has a similar dent and she thinks it is from pressing her thighs against the steering wheel when driving.. i guess this is the drivident hypothesis? lol

Of course, everyone is different and there could be a more serious underlying issue. Especially if you have pain, seek medical advice. I have no pain but my dermatologist said to watch it and see if anything changes - just in case. It could be morphea (but this involves thickening of the skin which I dont have) or localized scleroderma.

I just wonder why most doctors seem to say they've never seen this before?? How is that possible as it seems fairly common though it was a mystery to me before I starting searching the net for answers..

I just hope that now that I am being conscious not to lean on my thigh, it will go away! Any advice to get rid of it naturally is appreciated!

Old 08-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #7
(female)

lopus HB User

I have the same thing, a very obvious dent in my left thigh. It does ache sometimes, I haven't seen a doctor as I have no health insurance and expect a diagnoses of.... "Hmmm, never seen this before, keep an eye on it". Followed by a big bill. Does anyone have a diagnoses that makes sense?
I have not been leaning on anything.

Last edited by lopus; 08-29-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:29 AM   #8
(female)

ElsieB HB User

I may have an answer. Maybe not THE answer, but one. I noticed a dent in my left thigh muscle on the front of my leg just above the knee recently. I just now sat down in front of my PC to look it up on Google. I put my feet up on the crossbars of the little table my PC sits on and rested my left elbow just above my left knee... Yes, this is the position I often assume when using my PC. I think I don't need to look any further to figure out why I have that dent just above my left knee!

Old 10-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #9
(female)

lopus HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsieB View Post
I may have an answer. Maybe not THE answer, but one. I noticed a dent in my left thigh muscle on the front of my leg just above the knee recently. I just now sat down in front of my PC to look it up on Google. I put my feet up on the crossbars of the little table my PC sits on and rested my left elbow just above my left knee... Yes, this is the position I often assume when using my PC. I think I don't need to look any further to figure out why I have that dent just above my left knee!
Thanks ElsieB, but there is nothing anywhere that presses my leg in this spot, which is growing deeper and more painful as time progresses. My whole thigh up to my hip now hurts. I appreciate your answer.

Closed Thread