It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2010, 05:39 AM   #1
(male)

jwilson19 HB User
Annular bulge seen at C4-C5, C5-C6 [MRI]

Some one close to me has received the following MRI report - "small annular bulge seen at C4-C5, C5-C6 and C6-C7 region". She has been having pain near the left shoulder off and on for quite some time. Several visits to the neuro, ortho and physiotheraphist and they all suppose it is could be muscular stress and needs to stengthen back and neck exerises.

I would be grateful if some one could explain the gravity of the MRI report and also what else can be done to deal with this. Is there any explanation as to how te annular bulge may be caused and how it can be contained.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Annular bulge seen at C4-C5, C5-C6 [MRI]

i would actually post this along with, if you can obtain the actual MRI report from your friend, on the spinal board section down below here in the "Ss"? there just are many many many people who post on that spinal board who have all gotten some type of MRI done on their c spines too who ask good questions and NEED answers there just like you do now. i pop in there alot to help out as well as many others who have a huge amount of overall knowldedge and experience in this area. i have just been thru my own c spine issues along with also having a spinal cord injury too. life does suck sometimes.

but in order to just really get the absolute best type of advice on anyones real c spine issues, just posting your question and also the word for word summary part of the MRI(that summary is always at the very end of any given rad report and it contains ALL the most important findings) along with it REALLY would be the absolute best way to let the people see what other possible real findings are also impacting any given area.

quite honestly, annular bulges are a very common finding? what can make this a bigger issue is how the actual disc and the annulus(the outter ring of the actual disc itself) is and whether or not the inner contents of the disc(nucleous propulsus) have extruded into that annular area and THAT alone is what is casuing the annulus to bulge out? there are just alot of variables when it comes to the spinal part of our bodies that also are kind of 'upped' when it occurs in that much more heavily innervated c spine level area too?

just seeing ALL of the findings that are in that summary that can very much create their own types of pain and problems too, just really would help your friend in the very best ways. there can be things like stenosis(which can impinge actual nerve roots and can create alot of pain too), bone spurring and a ton of contributing factors with spinal crap that just can make things much more pronounced than say 'only' an annular bulge would? just try and get your hands on that MRI report? that really would help much more right now than anything else. and DO post this on that spinal board down below here just a scroll away? i WILL be watching for a post down there,K? Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
(female)

chrissyd HB User
Re: Annular bulge seen at C4-C5, C5-C6 [MRI]

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelbad View Post
i would actually post this along with, if you can obtain the actual MRI report from your friend, on the spinal board section down below here in the "Ss"? there just are many many many people who post on that spinal board who have all gotten some type of MRI done on their c spines too who ask good questions and NEED answers there just like you do now. i pop in there alot to help out as well as many others who have a huge amount of overall knowldedge and experience in this area. i have just been thru my own c spine issues along with also having a spinal cord injury too. life does suck sometimes.

but in order to just really get the absolute best type of advice on anyones real c spine issues, just posting your question and also the word for word summary part of the MRI(that summary is always at the very end of any given rad report and it contains ALL the most important findings) along with it REALLY would be the absolute best way to let the people see what other possible real findings are also impacting any given area.

quite honestly, annular bulges are a very common finding? what can make this a bigger issue is how the actual disc and the annulus(the outter ring of the actual disc itself) is and whether or not the inner contents of the disc(nucleous propulsus) have extruded into that annular area and THAT alone is what is casuing the annulus to bulge out? there are just alot of variables when it comes to the spinal part of our bodies that also are kind of 'upped' when it occurs in that much more heavily innervated c spine level area too?

just seeing ALL of the findings that are in that summary that can very much create their own types of pain and problems too, just really would help your friend in the very best ways. there can be things like stenosis(which can impinge actual nerve roots and can create alot of pain too), bone spurring and a ton of contributing factors with spinal crap that just can make things much more pronounced than say 'only' an annular bulge would? just try and get your hands on that MRI report? that really would help much more right now than anything else. and DO post this on that spinal board down below here just a scroll away? i WILL be watching for a post down there,K? Marcia
Where can I find The spinal board? You say down below but I don't see it. I have bulging discs in neck and upper back. Does the board also discuss thoracic area or just cervical because my problems are in both areas? I also have an issue in the lower back now that has caused problems with the sciatic nerve affecting my right leg. I have been told my hips have rotated and the twist has caused one leg to be shorter than the other and put preassure on the sciatic nerve. Sometimes it is both side but mainly affects the right very much. Any info you can give me would be great. I've had several MRI of the cervical and thoracic area that has identified stenosis but not enough to cause a problem with the spinal cord. I also have bone spurs throughout both sections and probably lower as I have not had those checked with an MRI. I know one is denting something but don't have the report in front of me at the moment to give you the details. As for providing the MRI reports with my posts, I'd have to type them out word for word as I do not have a scanner. Mine only works on systems up to windows 98. I have XP on one and 7 on this new one.

Chrissy

Closed Thread