It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
(female)

lgoodson1 HB User
Help so so scared....

Hi I am terrified, as in I have convinced myself I have something terrible wrong with me and can't see my future....
Here's why...
A week ago, I stepped out of my chair and couldn't walk. There was no pain involved but my legs would not support me. I have never been so scared in my life. I crawled to get help, who then helped me to my bed. I was overcome with fatigue and fell asleep (very unlike me, normally full of energy, I run every day and have always kept fit and healthy) I stayed in my bed, this happened at 4.30 on a wednesday. The next day on the Thursday I could walk around again but then by 11.30 it returned and had to have food etc delivered to my bedside. I was admitted to hosptital on the Friday, still unable to walk, every so often I would be able to take a few steps again, but then my legs would go again at one point I found it very difficult to speak and get my words out, this passed within a minute. I must stress I have experienced NO PAIN, just the practical inability to walk. PLEASE PLEASE HELP. I am desperate, I want to live my life again. I am a go getter and have dreamed all my life of doing good things in the world. I want this to go away. It is a week since this happened but it also happened earlier on in the year in December but my family told me it was because I had had low blood sugar, when I went to sleep after it happened (I was also overcome with fatigue) I felt much better when I woke up so I dismissed it.
If anyone has any idea what is wrong with me, please tell me, I am terrified that I have ms. I am only 18 and at a crucial point in my life I need some answers.
Thanks
L

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
(female)

Godhasblessedme HB User
Re: Help so so scared....

I hope you find a really good neurologist. He/she will be able to run tests and tell you for sure what is what. I have ms. Myeft leg went numb for about a week and I get terrible migraines. I get really tired,but overall I am blessed to just have these minor disturbances.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
(female)

LPS2010 HB User

I would definitely advise you to see a physician. Your symptoms could be attributed to a variety of reasons. I'm not a doctor, but I dont necessarily think that your symptoms are that of initial MS symptoms, so I wouldnt worry too much until you actually get checked out

Old 03-15-2010, 01:07 AM   #4
(female)

lgoodson1 HB User

Hi there, I saw a physician and he did a neurological examination but said he found nothing, I have been for an mri scan though which is being looked over by a neurologist, still scared though.
Thanks for yor help

Old 03-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
(female)

lgoodson1 HB User

My mri scan results came back clear.... still feel tired and wobbly on my feet though, I just don't know whats wrong with me!

Closed Thread