It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Head numbness

about a year ago i started to feel a slight tingling on the top of my head. I did not think anything of it at the time, but it started to happen more often as time went on. It was off and on all day. Then i started to get neck pain and headaches and pain behind my eyes and jaw pain. I had dental work right around the time that this started. I thought maybe it was tmj. The problem is that I can't pinpoint exactly when the tingling started. It was either right before and right after the dental work. I went to two different neurologists and had an mri and they said it not neurological. They thought it could be from the neck muscles affecting nerves. I went for massage therapy and it did not help. I then did acupuncture. That helped but only temporarily. It is very expensive and I am not covered under insurance for it so I stopped it. The numbness comes and goes. It is uncomfortable. I was told by one natural type of doctor that it could be lyme disease. I was tested for that but it was negative. I also have stomach problems and fatigue and body aches and pains. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Old 03-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
(female)

22dreams HB User
Re: Head numbness

Hi LaLa,

Your natural type doctor provided a good suggestion esp. since you've seemed to already address a potential structural cause to your symptoms.

FYI: Lyme tests are deplorably inaccurate.
so: a negative test does not mean that you can rule it out.

Numbness that "comes & goes", jaw involvement, TMJ symptoms, neck involvement and headaches?

Stomach issues, body aches & pains, and fatigue?

PLEASE DO pay a visit to the lyme disease board and ask for the name of a lyme-literate doctor in your area. Only someone who sees this disease day in and day out can really diagnose it definitely. Unfortunately most people with lyme never see the supposed "tell-tale" bull's eye rash. Neurological lyme is far more common than people and most doctors realize. Most neurologists wouldn't know it if they tripped over it. Lyme is definitely something to investigate further.

Best of luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi 22Dreams:
Thanks for your reply. I will go on the lyme board. The only thing is that I still have the tingling on the top of my head and the balance issues and stomach problems and everything else I told you except thank goodness the body aches are better. I have been taking a few new supplements that may have helped a little. One of them is called cell food. Its oxygen and trace minerals. They are drops that you put in water. Are you familiar? Why are you on this board? What are your issues? Speak soon. LaLa

Old 03-24-2010, 06:23 AM   #4
(female)

22dreams HB User

Hi LaLa,

Well, I have those issues you describe except (thank God) I am spared any gastro-intestinal issues(knock wood). I have some muscle weakness, not that bad comparatively-speaking, loss a portion of control of my hands/feeling there which adversely affects dexterity (grasping/holding, bottle caps are my enemy).

Numbness in face, head, throat, shins, arms, (hands-as stated) and prob elsewhere. "weaker swallowing" when and since the face/throat numbness set in.

I was having difficulty walking and random spasms, body movement, but that is mostly resolved (unless I don't get enough rest/sleep or have exposure to anything i.e. allergy/mold that would cause an additional load on my system)
which is relative. My balance still isn't quite right.

and then some, but those are the ones that would pertain to this particular board, I think(?). I keep my eye on anything that may be of help to me.

My issues are from tick-borne diseases and like I said, some are resolving with treatment. There could be permanent damage that remains to be seen (when I am seen by a neurologist that I have been waiting 2c for a very long time).

Cell food: I have never personally tried it but my sister told me she felt better while using it. but it was part of a more comprehensive program.

Good luck with sleuthing this out. I hope you find the help that you need for this.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

22dreams:

I don't think I responded to your e-mail yet. Did I? I am going crazy. I can't remember anything anymore. I don't see a response on the board. Anyway, what are you doing about your issues? Mine are not really exactly the same as yours. I only have tingling on the top of my head. Possibly could be from neck muscles. But it will come and go out of nowhere. Of course, chronic stomach problems and all kinds of other crap. Right now I have a really nasty cold. I don't feel to good. Your condition sounds like lyme or something neurological. What else do you have? Do you have fatigue and body aches. Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care. LaLa

Old 03-31-2010, 05:57 AM   #6
(female)

22dreams HB User

Hi LaLa,

I tend not to remember things so wouldn't really notice if you had or hadn't replied. lol. Yes, I have neurological lyme disease and another tick-borne disease, bartonella. As far as symptoms, no 2 lyme sufferers are exactly alike, for a myriad of reasons, but it's called the new great imitator for a reason, as it's is a more complex, evolved if you will, cousin of syphilis.
For instance, I've had ppl with MS say "you sound like me".

Yes, I have pretty oppressive fatigue. I have adrenal fatigue, I hate to say insufficiency, but I guess that is what it is. My adrenals don't function properly. And as is the case with a lot of ppl with lyme, I have thyroid issues (Hashimoto's).

I'm doing the best I can. Since there are very few lyme-savvy doctors and the ones who are come under such scrunity to the point where some stop practicing altogether--(as mine had to last year--sad, because I was improving significantly)-

access to the treatment I need, especially with neurological involvement--is pretty near impossible. Esp. since I'm not made of money. I manage as best I can. That's the nutshell.

Hope you figure out what is going on with you to resolve your issues. Please keep us abreast of what happens.

Cheers.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:55 AM   #7
(female)

Doll Baby HB User

lala 52
I have neck tightness that goes up into head causing pain Iwas told i have degenerative disc disease arthritis had several steroid epidurals the last one helped for awhile today i started with the pain again been up all night today it was cool and windy i think when wind or air hit my neck like air conditioning this darn thing starts again also have back problems so dont know whats causing what when i get head pains i think it might be something else had mri good do you or anyone out there experience such symptoms what helps besides injections

Closed Thread