It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
(male)

trog61 HB User
Finger Twitches, Vibes, Driving me Mad!

It's been a while since I was on Healthboards. I think losing my precious wife December 18th has worsened every problem I have ever had including periods of finger twitches and vibration.

Right now, again, after a few weeks ago, the occasional twitch and vibes are hitting my rt. forefinger. I have blamed it on using the mouse and typing, but I really don't stay at that, all day, and take rest periods. The mouse is very light touch and not hard to tap to use at all.

I have had this problem off and on for years, but not like now. Last week, it was into my rt. thumb, but has migrated back into the forefinger. It is a quivering type spasm and literally controls my life. It causes me increased anxiety, depression and causes focusing and fixation. No one could ignore what I am experiencing now. NO ONE. I am becoming paranoid about using my hand to do anything!

I am walking around with dirty glasses because I have to use the forefinger to press the pump on the spray bottle. I'm afraid to use that finger to do anything but have to, or call in help to do simple things for me!! It is ridiculous.

I am seeing yet another neurologist April 23rd, and I don't want to hear the word neurontin one more time! I am afraid of it, I've heard of too many having big problems with that drug, plus there is no guarantee it could stop all of this.

Am age 62 if that is any help.

I doubt this will be replied to as I see many posts go ignored, but it is the only medical board I can find on the internet that might discuss this type problem.

Thanks for taking time to read this anyway.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
(male)

trog61 HB User
Re: Finger Twitches, Vibes, Driving me Mad!

Overwhelming non-response.

Well, new upsetting symptoms, so I'll try this one with probably no replies.

I'm having some symptoms of c.t.s. The thumb, forefinger and the middle finger of my left hand have just today developed some mild tingling, and now and then, I get this mild vibration feeling in the thumb, upsetting again. I've never had problems with my left hand that I recall. Just decided to start all this today.

A neurologist said I have c.t.s. several years ago after doing the test where they measure electrical energy in the muscles. I didn't have symptoms of any kind then and was shocked to learn that. Now I am.

I've gone through periods of the bottom of my feet vibrating, feeling numb and even needle like pain, but now, thankfully, the feet are okay.

As huge as these forums are, surely someone has had something similiar to what I am having at times. I would be most grateful for any reply at all!

Old 07-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
(male)

trog61 HB User

Hi, Trog61, Trog61 here.

Well, now it's all moved into my head the past few months. I get weird vibes that hit for a half second in the left side of my head. I can hear it, but don't know where it's coming from. It can also happen on the rt. side. I've had other facial jumps and twitches for years.

Well, I am finally up to see a neuromuscular neurologist in another city August 26th. He's got one weird-wired patient coming in. I think my system is ovewired and has to discharge every so often. I had about a week and a half "vacation" from this garbage, but it tuned up and let loose again yesterday a.m.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:57 AM   #4
(female)

taytertot HB User

Trog,

I'm so sorry about everything. I too have an uncontrollable finger twitch that's driving me mad...it's getting worse and worse. My pinky jerks upward and outward--I look like a loon and it's really embarrassing. I thought it was the use of the mouse/computer...but occurs when I merely try to grab a piece of paper, a cup, etc etc.
I have other uncontrollable jerky movements...I'll be sitting in a meeting and all of a sudden my whole neck and face will jerk to the left. Or I'll be driving along looking ahead, and my face will suddenly jolt to one side. I try to play it off because I'm embarrassed. I get looks from other drivers, like "what's that girl ON?" I've begun to get crazy shock feelings across my face and neck, as if I've been struck by lightning. My hips ache so terribly, my back...it's so discouraging. The unrelenting neck and back spasms are so painful. I have a demanding career in finance, working terribly long hours--I'm waiting for the day when I'm pulled aside, investigated and let go. They must assume I'm coming to work loaded, because no "normal" person would "act" this way.
I'm sorry no one's responded to your posts. All I can say is that you're not alone... I believe I know exactly the sensations you're experiencing.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-23-2012 at 10:37 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to taytertot:
trog61 (01-30-2011)
Old 01-30-2011, 03:52 PM   #5
(male)

trog61 HB User

Hello, so sorry I'm late in responding. Just a lot going on.

All the bad stuff up there is better except now for a thumping muscle right by my left ear that I am able to hear when it's active. Not good.

I am so sorry you have all of those things going at you like that, taytertot. (cute handle!)

Have you seen a Dr., and if so, what are they telling you? I pray things get better for you soon. I know that must be so very horrible and torment.

tony

Old 02-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
(male)

Rob212 HB User

Trog, have you ruled out Parkinsons? Go to Michael J. Fox's Parkinsons web site or similar site and look up the list of "Symptoms" - your right at the average age for onset of Parkinsons which progresses slowly and is easily treated with time-tested and safe medications. Good luck. Best Wishes.

Closed Thread