It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #1
(male)

Kevin1981 HB User
Unhappy Weakness in left arm and leg

I have been suffering this mysterious condition for years now, sometimes good and sometimes bad. Tonight it is bad and this is the reason why I am posting this. I felt like my left arm and leg have gone through some heavy exercises. I found it uncomfortable even lifting my arm without anything holding, or curling up my left leg. I also felt a slight pins and needles sensation on my left feet. I have no history of injury. It is very strange that my right arm and leg are perfectly ok.

I would appreciate some useful advice on what it could be. I did notice that it happens more often in the evenings after work. Could it be stress? Is there any self-help methods?

Old 04-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
(female)

Indianmist HB UserIndianmist HB User
Re: Weakness in left arm and leg

Hi Kevin,

My first question to you would be - have you mentioned your symptoms to your doctor? If not, then you should, because there are a number of different conditions and deficiencies that could cause what you are experiencing, but only a doctor can test you and tell you for sure what is going on.

Secondly, are these the only symptoms that you experience, or are there more?

Is it a progressive sort of weakness that gets worse the more you use your arm and leg or is it there most of the time?

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #3
(female)

Viking64 HB User

I have been having pain of various intensity for two months in my upper right arm and upper calf of right leg. Weird that mine is just the right side. I was curious if you had found out anything....

Do you have any updates for us?

Old 07-27-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
(female)

caring12 HB Usercaring12 HB User

I had the same issue for years. testing show nothing. i finally got dx with a heart and kidney problem last year. my kidney waste potassium. see hypokalemia. it can cause a form of paralysis like this and weakness.

i woiuld have dull aches in my feet and joints lower leg pain wake up to numbe feet or ankles. thought it was my job.

if it a potassium problem otc things will not help. i take a pill that is like takiong 17 otc supplements./

Closed Thread