It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2003, 06:56 PM   #1

BGEAR121 HB User
Post My face keeps twitching

the part on the left side of my face cheek between my ear and jawline keeps twitching. this has been going on for about 4 days on and off. im 21 years old and dont know what the problem is. i looked on the internet and found such things as hemifacial and also that it could be signs of ms, facial paralysis, etc. what i was wondering is, is this normal? is this like stress related and it will go away or does this only happen when you have somethign like i mentioned.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2003, 01:06 PM   #2
Inactive

reneeintx HB User
BGear~

I started twitching in my eye around December 02 within a month I was twitching all over. Some people twitch when they are stressed.

If you look on the board here called "rare disorder" you will find posting on benign fasciculation syndrome. It's twitching with no real cause. Nothing sinister, just annoying.

I hope yours doesn't progress to other parts of your body. I'm not trying to scare you. I just want to keep you aware that it could stop, but if it doesn't, there are other twitchers to help you.

Mine was so bad I had to see a neurologist. I was worrying so much.

I know it's hard to ignore the twitching in the face. It's so obvious.

Renee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread