It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2003, 01:55 PM   #1

jp123 HB User
Angry myofascial and teeth

Does anybody here with myofascial pain have any problems with aching teeth (different ones in different areas). I have read of people having this (which is my biggest problem) and I need some answers because I am going insane and all of this is so confusing.

Old 09-06-2003, 07:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User
Yes, my teeth bother me but I have tmjd and periodontal disease which I thought it was from but your post makes me wonder. I have no answers as to what will help it though sorry. Good luck.

------------------
Hmm where should I begin?? Crohn's disease, sacroiilitis-crohn's related, scoliosis, spina bifida occulta, chronic myofascial pain, tmjd and migraines. Still waiting for bone scan and bone density test to tell me what else is wrong with me!! Too many surgeries to list!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2003, 01:04 PM   #3
(female)

katastrofic HB User
I have heard of these very symptoms from several people who claim that mercury fillings will cause these. Some to the point of wanting to die from the pain. After removing the fillings and detoxing the system of metals, instantly and years later they claim to be perfectly fine. The symptoms are endless. Just a thought, and another possibility. I am presently checking for poisoning with a fractionated porphyrin test/nickel test(there is nickel in fillings) and I am curious of the outcome.

Old 09-12-2003, 09:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User
Hmmm, fillings it could be but not in my case, I've never had any. How about you JP? If so may be worth looking into.

------------------
Hmm where should I begin?? Crohn's disease, sacroiilitis-crohn's related, scoliosis, spina bifida occulta, chronic myofascial pain, tmjd and migraines. Still waiting for bone scan and bone density test to tell me what else is wrong with me!! Too many surgeries to list!!

Old 09-23-2003, 11:33 PM   #5
(female)

littlelulu1937 HB User
tooth pain may be caused by active trigger point(s) in the masseter muscles, which are the jaw muscles, which do your biting & chewing.

Massage for this trigger point has to be done from the inside of the mouth. Find the very tender spot or spots on either or both insides of the cheeks from the cheekbone to the bottom of the jaw & massage this area for short periods of time daily with your thumb with as much pressure as you can take until the tooth pain goes away.

Massaging trigger points in this muscle is apparently particularly painful so one would have be willing to get beyond the pain & resultant temporary soreness for this technique to work.

Old 09-26-2003, 06:17 AM   #6

jelibehn HB User
Wink

I registered just to reply to you.
I learned my teeth will hurt because my sinuses will literally drop and sit on the roots of my teeth. Gross, huh?

Old 09-30-2003, 08:41 AM   #7
Mara

Quote:
Originally posted by jp123:
Does anybody here with myofascial pain have any problems with aching teeth (different ones in different areas). I have read of people having this (which is my biggest problem) and I need some answers because I am going insane and all of this is so confusing.
Do you clench or grind your teeth at all? I have aching teeth but it is not the teeth. Referred pain (eye, ear, neck, head) and all that jazz. It depends on whats going on with you. Infection, abcess, sinus, tmjd, bruxism etc can cause referred pain. My tmjd has caused me many different problems. It's taken years to get to it though. I have nocturnal brux (clench & grind) at night. At first I did not realize it until pieces and bits of teeth would be in my mouth in the morning & have been loosing pieces of a molar & I was told I grind teeth at night. At first mild crepatance. It has gotten worse. In 6 years I have obvious clicking when trying to eat something chewy. Eat soft foods. No gum. Sleep on neck roll etc-etc.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:58 AM   #8
(female)

mimi77 HB User
Re: myofascial and teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp123 View Post
I wish I could help you. My teeth have been a source of chronic pain for years. I went to the dentist a few years ago and they said my old army fillings were crumbling and so I had all my back teeth drilled and new crowns put on. The experience was excruciating. I was in so much pain I wanted to die. The anesthesia was intolerable and they had to do three times the number of normal injections to keep me in semi-control. I even had a root canal. $8000 later and now two and a half years later, I still have the pain.

The good thing is that it comes and goes, but the bad thing is that when the pain comes back, I am in agony (like this whole week). Nothing helps.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in the 90's, but CMS around 2002. But I don't know what treatment is there for CMS.

Help!

Old 08-02-2007, 03:59 PM   #9
(female)

mimi77 HB User
Re: myofascial and teeth

This I can't figure out. Any pictures or references to tell me how to do this.

BTW, my teeth pain can be anywhere, almost always in the back teeth (molars), but it can be on the right side, the left side, top or bottom.

I don't grind or clench my teeth at night because my family says I sleep with my mouth wide open (and snore profusely).

The pain in my teeth is truly unbearable.

Thanks for your tips.

Closed Thread