It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2003, 12:16 PM   #1

kyloe HB User
Post INDENTATION IN OUTER LEFT THIGH

This summer I noticed that there was a horizontal indentation in my left outer thigh. I didn't pay much attention to it at first. I thought it was from leaning against my bathroom vanity while applying makeup or doing my hair. I have tried to be very concious of that and not do it but the dent has not gone away. I am not overweight not to say I could loose some fat mass in my body but not by much. It seems like its fatty pockets under the skin but I am starting to get concerned about it. Any suggestions or does anyone know who I should see about this.

The Following User Says Thank You to kyloe For This Useful Post:
mellowyellow237 (02-25-2012)
Old 10-02-2003, 03:27 PM   #2
Inactive

Puzzled HB User
My daughter is headed to the dermatologist right now to have a similar thing on her upper thigh checked out. It is quite a large indentation. I will let you know what he says.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2003, 08:27 PM   #3
Inactive

Puzzled HB User
well, the dermatologist didn't really know what it was- loss of fatty tissue maybe. he said it wasn't serious did not need a biopsy. He measured it and told her to come back in a month. He is a good doctor, she been to him before with serious exzema no one could cure but him. so I dunno. sure is weird though.

Old 10-02-2003, 08:58 PM   #4

kyloe HB User
I didn't think of going to a dermotologist. How hold is your daughter? I am 52 and thought it might just be part of that middle age spread therory or even hormonal. Does she only have it on one leg? It's almost like a muscle on the outside of my thigh is split.

Old 10-03-2003, 07:45 AM   #5
Inactive

Puzzled HB User
My daughter is only 21 so I doubt hers is hormonal. Your description of looking like a split muscle sounds right. She does have it on just the one side. She showed it to her gyne when she was there and she said she'd never seen anything like that. We went to the dermotologist cuz it seemed like a skin thing -the texture of the skin is a little odd where the indent is. I am glad he didn't seem worried; one always worries about cancer but he assured her it was not that. He said he may treat it with Retin A - that sounded odd to me. I'll post if we ever find out anything more.

Old 10-03-2003, 07:46 AM   #6
Inactive

Puzzled HB User
My daughter is only 21 so I doubt hers is hormonal. Your description of looking like a split muscle sounds right. She does have it on just the one side. She showed it to her gyne when she was there and she said she'd never seen anything like that. We went to the dermotologist cuz it seemed like a skin thing -the texture of the skin is a little odd where the indent is. I am glad he didn't seem worried; one always worries about cancer but he assured her it was not that. He said he may treat it with Retin A - that sounded odd to me. I'll post if we ever find out anything more.

Old 12-09-2003, 07:04 AM   #7
(female)

horsybreeze HB User
Re: INDENTATION IN OUTER LEFT THIGH

Hi Guys! Glad other people have this too! Thought I was weird! I have noticed horizontal dents in the front of my thigh(s) (I have on both legs, although the right one to a lesser extent) since about August time I guess. It's really weird, no pain, tingling, nothing - my legs feel completely normal. It looks like someone tied invisible rope round my legs!!!!

Am starting to worry about it now, in case it's a sypmtom of something horrible, as they don't appear to be changing either, neither going or getting worse! I thought it was something maybe too do with fat as well, although I wouldn't say I'm large at 5ft 4 and 9.12 (stones! Sorry I'm from the UK!!). - oh and I'm 29.

I have seen other messages on this board regarding this but no one seems to have come up with an answer? One idea, could be water retention???

Did anyone find out anything, I would be really interested??

Thanx guys,

Old 12-11-2003, 12:50 PM   #8

2bella HB User

I have this too! Has anyone found out what it is?

Old 03-22-2004, 04:24 PM   #9

slyrdh HB User

I noticed a dent in my R outer thigh about 2yrs. ago and showed it to numerous people (including drs.) and nobody knew what it was. One doctor said it could have been from a previous injury, but I never had any. I'm not overweight at all. It did seem to appear when I was doing some heavy workouts and I thought I injured a muscle but never had any pain. I never had any steroid shots. I have no clue and I'm still curious.

Last edited by slyrdh; 12-29-2004 at 07:43 PM.

Old 04-04-2004, 07:22 PM   #10
(female)

Ann123 HB User

If you've ever had a steroid shot in the area it can cause this.

Old 04-21-2004, 09:27 PM   #11

heatherdarbs HB User

It's nothing - I have it too and went to the doctor, even got an MRI. The MRI came out normal.

Old 07-14-2004, 06:28 PM   #12

sm5252 HB User

I am 43 years old, female. About 5 days ago I notice a dent in my upper right thigh. I don't have any pain or numbing. It is not bruised or anything, it just showed up one day. As I run my hand over it I cannot feel a knot or a lump...except that when I run both of my hands on my thighs simultaneously, one on the left and one on the right, I think that my right is slightly higher or raised. But that is it...I don't know if I should go to the doctor or not...

Old 07-15-2004, 12:40 AM   #13
(female)

Oldbones HB User

This is so strange. I noticed a large indentation in my upper outside left thigh about a month ago. It is about 3 inches in diameter......sorta circular...... and sinks in almost to my thigh bone. There is no pain or discoloration. I haven't mentioned it to my doctor yet but I am concerned about it. I have recently gained a lot of weight from oral steroids (Prednisone) so I thought maybe the fat cells were redistributed in this odd pattern for some reason due to rapid weight gain.

If anyone finds out a reason for this, I would like to know.

Oldbones

Old 07-15-2004, 03:23 PM   #14

jbailli3 HB User

Oh my gosh! I have the exact same thing. I have a horizontal indentation on both legs, my right leg is worse. It looks like I've been leaning against the kitchen counter for too long. The dent on my right leg goes more than 1/2 way around! I noticed the indentations start when I began really working on my leg muscles, lots of squats etc. I'm really worried about it, but it sounds like it's nothing. I have no pain, numbness or anything. It just looks ugly. The less fit my legs are the less I notice the indentation. Please if somebody could tell me what it is, I'd be so grateful.

Last edited by jbailli3; 07-15-2004 at 03:24 PM.

Old 08-07-2004, 09:56 PM   #15

chrisc2685 HB User
Talking Re: INDENTATION IN OUTER LEFT THIGH

I have the same horizontal indentations located on the front of my upper thigh and on the back of my upper thigh. I was prescribed Prednisone for a long period of time. In result, I believe my body reacted to the steroids causing these lines. Also read somewhere that one of the side effects of prednisone is indentations on the upper thigh.

Closed Thread