It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2010, 01:56 AM   #1
(male)

brainfear HB User
Question Muscle Twitching & Arm/Leg Jerking!

Well I have finally found people with similar symptoms to me.

I was born and lived in England until i was 18 and moved to live in America.
When i was younger i had suffered recurring unnatural pain in my chest which would come and go. Doctor at the time put it down to my lungs being inflamed. So i let it be and it would dissipate. This came and went over the years.
After a few weeks of being in America i suffered more pain in the left upper chest followed by my heart beating uncontrollably, somewhat like a panic attack, blood went from face and felt like i was going to pass out. Went to hospital they said i was fine. Yet ever since then and I'm 26 now, they recur more and more often. Although now I'm given the added bonus of extreme fatigue, almost to the point of not being able to get out of bed some days. Muscular fatigue, it seems a task almost to lift my arm at times, and small tiny twitches primarily in my left arm and leg, which i get all day. Adding to the fact i have a really tight chest at times, to drink alcohol increases it 10 fold i almost feel like I'm suffocating, so if i drink i can only drink very little. Then one of my last issues has been with my Mood, it stinks by 11am some days, and I'm up around 7am. I seem not to have patience for anything or anyone at times, yet i have always been a really fair honest and kind person, most of the time at least.

Anyway I'm heading to the Doc next week. Hope its something simple although i doubt it.

I'm glad i can share this and i will post updates after my doctors visit.
Thanks
I welcome any comments and emails.

Last edited by brainfear; 04-30-2010 at 01:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Muscle Twitching & Arm/Leg Jerking! What's Causing This To Happen???

Have you ever had an infection, or taken ativan?

Old 06-30-2010, 11:51 PM   #3
(female)

BBuzz HB User

What type of infection..... not sure...

I do know that I am on anti Depression med - Paroxtine (paxil) only 10mg a day for the last 8 years. I started with the eye twitch about 28 years ago,, then onto the legs. So I don't think it is the paxil. The paxil makes mine legs jetty durning the day. but that is not a problem. Hopefully I will have a job soon with medical, so I can get checked out.

Thanks,
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Have you ever had an infection, or taken ativan?

Old 07-13-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
(male)

Ckhunt HB User

While I do not suffer from what those on this thread suffer from, about 12 years ago I had an unrestful-like feeling in my right arm/shoulder. Even while completely reposed (in a relaxed state) it would feel tense. It was not as serious as the stories on here, though it did drive me crazy. It was like this for a period of some days, maybe even weeks--I do not remember. I lived in the US at the time (am American living overseas now) and I went to a chiropractor and after about 10 treatment sessions my problem was resolved. I have since been to other chiropractors, and while all are different, they have all helped me. For anyone at this forum living in the UK an osteopath would be a close equivalent, although an osteopath in the U.S. is more like an M.D. The views of an American chiropractor or British osteopath are more holistic and if nothing else has worked and you've not yet tried these, I'd surely recommend this method. Just my experience that M.D.'s are usually for cutting and prescribing and not much else. Hope this helps someone.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:13 PM   #5
(female)

JYTee415 HB User
Smile Re: Muscle Twitching & Arm/Leg Jerking! What's Causing This To Happen???

I am with Lipham, I have the same exact problem. I am sked for neck surgery. The muscle twitching started with my legs and progress through my arms and back.. I am not taking any of the medication mentioned earlier in the postings. But I take sleeping pills so I can sleep. I would like to mention that prior to taking the prescription for sleep, I take OTCs, and I noticed if I take the whole pill, I would be waking with muscle twitches all over my body. I am fine if I just take half dose. Same effect with the prescription. It is worse now, but I need the sleep aid.

Please update with your findings and observation, as well.

Julie

Closed Thread