It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
(male)

myoclonusguy HB User
Myoclonus Spasms When Waking Up

I get spasms/thumping in an uknown muscle in my ear in the mornings when i wake up. You know how when you wake up and you stretch involuntarily or move around on your bed? That is when it starts to spasm. I find myself afraid to make a wrong movement or stretch when waking up. Its weird because when i am fully awake during the day i stretch and there is NO spasm. So its only the act of waking up that causes it. I have even gotten the tensor tympani and stapedius tendons surgically cut because the doctor thought it was these muscles causing the thumping in the ear. I just want to get advice on what i should do. I take magnesium chelate and b-complex vitamins but it still happens. I have had this for 2 years now. Any advice would be highly appreciated..

Last edited by myoclonusguy; 09-29-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:30 AM   #2
(male)

myoclonusguy HB User
Re: Myoclonus Spasms When Waking Up

Hello I don't know if you have myoclonus of the ear as i read in your other post it sounds like something different. In case you do have it (and if anyone with myoclonus in the ears is reading this post): the way i stopped the spasms is by stretching. I would lay down on my side and just stretch so hard that I made my head rumble. If you stretch hard enough you will feel it in your head and the muscles in the head will vibrate. I feel that this technique has stopped my spasms significantly. I tried all the meds, muscle relaxants like baclofen, and even had my tensor tympani and stapedius tendons cut and NOTHING worked. It wasn't until i realized that people cure muscle spasms in the arms or legs by stretching! You can stretch your muscles in the head/ear area by stretching your hands up and violently making your head rumble. It will reverse the spasms/twitches you are getting in your ears or head. Along with these stretches i take P-5-P a vitamin form of B6 and these two things have helped me significantly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply