It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
(male)

jesse2491 HB User
Shaking and Twitching

Hi everyone,

I've always noticed I'm a bit more shaky than other people (my hands shake more than others) however, for the past few years I've noticed the shaking has increased and I now feel shaky in my both my arms and legs as well. The shaking is VERY pronounced at the gym and often when I'm done exercising my legs feel wobbly/shaky as I walk down the stairs. When I'm lifting weights as well (say doing a chest press) my arms feel very wobbly and shaky. I don't remember this ever happening years ago (at least not enough for my to take notice of it). I'm now 29 years old.

For the past few years I've also had muscle twitching in my legs (non-stop... anywhere from 1 twitch every five minutes to 1 twitch almost every second). This is mostly concentrated in my calf muscles (both legs equally).

I have an appointment with a neurologist in February but am wondering if anyone has had similar experiences or may know what could be causing this. I'm not worried it's ALS or MS (I already went through that freak out) but am worried it could be some other form of neurodegenerative disease...

I've done some reading up on Essential Tremor but this often seems limited to the upper body whereas my symptoms seem to be pronounced in both the upper and lower.

Thanks for your time in responding.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
(female)

KrisMarie26 HB User
Re: Shaking and Twitching

Hi Jesse have you gotten a diagnosis? I'm also worried I have a neurodegenerative disease. Hoping that it's unlikely since I'm only 26!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread