It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
(female)

loren77 HB User
Unhappy Burning Sensation... Help!

I am a 23 year old female and I suffer from many things and have yet to find out if they are related. I have chondromalacia patella that causes knee pain, hip pain, migraines, anxiety, ibs-d and duodenal ulcers and inflammation. I also get muscle spasms in my neck and shoulders and get a severe burning sensation in my neck and shoulders as well as in my legs. The pain gets bad enough that even the muscle relaxers I take and tylenol dont help at all.

I have had an MRI done on my knees which were normal as well as x-rays of my knees. I have had several blood tests, all normal.

Recently I occasionally feel like when I'm walking or sitting like I am off balance or gonna tilt over. This happens a few times per month. I also occasionally get shaky hands where sometimes in class I cannot even write notes it comes as scribbles and cannot do simple things easily such as swiping my key cards. Although I have been investigated for knee issues such as arthritis and stomache issues such as IBS, nothing has been investigated as far as muscles.

I also can never seem to sit still, I feel like something have to move. I apologize for the lengthyness of this message. I appreciate anyones help in figuring out what could be going on and if this problem with my muscles could be related to my knee and hip pain.

Thanks! Also, anyone with similar symptoms I would like to hear your story. I feel like I'm nuts or going out of my mind with this as some doctors look at me like its in my head.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
(male)

Randy W HB User
Re: Burning Sensation.....Help!

Hi my name is Randy, and I've had the severe pain which was the result from having Post Hepetic Neuralgia , and I also suffer from Tri Geminal Neuralgia, both painful, burning, and really hard to deal with at times. I tried all kinds of pain meds, but they either didn't work, or I had too many side effects. I have tried with some results Gensing from wisconsin that has helped some with the pain for the nerves and joint and skin pain, and an added bonus is it has helped me sleep better. You have to check with your Dr first but it helped me. Take care Randy

Old 04-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #3
(male)

Randy W HB User
Re: Burning Sensation.....Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren77 View Post
I am a 23 year old female and I suffer from many things and have yet to find out if they are related. I have chondromalacia patella that causes knee pain, hip pain, migraines, anxiety, ibs-d and duodenal ulcers and inflammation. I also get muscle spasms in my neck and shoulders and get a severe burning sensation in my neck and shoulders as well as in my legs. The pain gets bad enough that even the muscle relaxers I take and tylenol dont help at all.

I have had an MRI done on my knees which were normal as well as x-rays of my knees. I have had several blood tests, all normal.

Recently I occasionally feel like when I'm walking or sitting like I am off balance or gonna tilt over. This happens a few times per month. I also occasionally get shaky hands where sometimes in class I cannot even write notes it comes as scribbles and cannot do simple things easily such as swiping my key cards. Although I have been investigated for knee issues such as arthritis and stomache issues such as IBS, nothing has been investigated as far as muscles.

I also can never seem to sit still, I feel like something have to move. I apologize for the lengthyness of this message. I appreciate anyones help in figuring out what could be going on and if this problem with my muscles could be related to my knee and hip pain.

Thanks! Also, anyone with similar symptoms I would like to hear your story. I feel like I'm nuts or going out of my mind with this as some doctors look at me like its in my head.
Loren, this is Randy again and I have a 27 year old daughter who also has many health issues, so I can related to what you're going through with your heath. I have a form of muscular dystrophy called Mitochondrial Cytopathy, which started at 50 yrs old (I'm now 60) and battle IBS, migraines, muscle, skin, and joint pain, with bouts of servere weakness, plus many other issues. Don't let yourself get depressed because you have some problems, or you can't find the answers right away. It took years for Drs to figure mine out, which the MDA Dr's finally did at their clinic. If you are feeling depressed see you PCP and get on some meds to help yoou, if you have too. Its easy to get down from all this stuff, but try to keep a positive attitude, and just don't give in to it. Keep searching, and you'll get it figued out with the help of a good Dr, and persistance. Take care

Closed Thread