It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
(female)

jbgiles HB User
Post Multiple Sclerosis?

This is my story.... woke up in January on MLK day and had EXTREME tightness in the back of both legs. Gradually increased to tingles and numbness. I went to the doctor the next day and he sent me to the neurologist. By the time I got to that appointment I had developed weakness in both legs. They did nerve conduction test and doc said I had peripheral neuropathy. I also had a positive ANA so the doc referred me to rhuematologist because he felt this was stemming from "lupus". I couldnt get into the rheumy til August!!! I couldnt continue with the pain til then so I got referral to Mayo. By the time I got to that appointment I had developed balance issues and further weakness in legs. When the doctor there asked me to push against his hands, I could but my leg shook the entire time. Same thing with my head when asked to push against his hand. I also have weak reflexes in feet. When he runs that instrument (?) on bottom of foot, my foot doesnt do anything. Anyways, doctor ordered MRI on brain, cns and spine. After that, depending on the findings he will do a spinal tap. He mentioned ruling out MS along with a lot of other possibilities. Any thoughts? I am curious as to what the shaking is while applying pressure on docs hands.

Last edited by jbgiles; 04-27-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
lupus, multiple sclerosis, muscles, weakness