It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
(female)

Floydb HB User
Unhappy Unusual Symptoms 3 nuros have not seen. Am I in right place.

Hi there , I don't know anymore if I'm even in right forum. Im 41, smoker but active , fibro for years plus chronic nerve pain.

6 months ago started having sever twitching spasms in right calf. Thought it was prior back surgery acting up. I had drop foot in that leg. Nothing found on lumbar MRI. A full spine and head MRI showed nothing.

In just a couple months I started having spasms everywhere hitting.. It would stay in one location for could days. Each part of body I was having drastic wasting to point of losing 2 sizes but not weight. My neck looks anorexic , ribs showing. Face complely changed. Losing fat in eye sockets now But since I'm larger I looked pretty good to 3 Nuro Dr at a size 12. You can see the outline of all musles. I passed all test ( cpk , EEG , blood work normal) and reason there confused is I have pretty good strength. With lupus and RA in family you would think they would send me to Ruhmatogist.

It was gyno who actually said your not losing muscle your having fat atrophy. It's because he's first dr that has looked at me without clothes. Brest tissue in half. Her ordered a ton more blood work , heavy metal testing and full cancer screening. Waiting for results. He contacted one of the nuros and I'm being sent to the university of WA which takes months to get in. No one does muscle biopsy where I'm at. I have most of MS symptoms but they feel strongly I don't have MS due to good strengh.

Has anyone had fat loss to seeing bones, fat pad gone in foot. Calf muscles gone and constant twitching. It feels like a bee is buzzing around in body and muscle pain worse now after working in yard and tennis.

I have been on quite a few meds. Methadone has saved me for 10 yes for nerve pain, lamictal, wellbutrin , synthroid. Was taken off nexium recently.

The gyno is doing extensive vit and mineral testing. But b12 and mag is fine. Thyroid and parathyroid was also fine.

I'm exaused from not only fighting with getting help to starting to feel weak. I look very different. The Nuromucular dr main question was do you have an eating disorder. NO I love food and Im not worried something is wrong. I KNOW something is wrong.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
fat loss, lyme, mult sclerosis, muscle atrophy, muscle spams