It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
(male)

miray25 HB User
Painful Muscle Spasms

Hello,

I have been trying to look online for information, but keep finding dead ends and wondering if anybody else has any insight or similar symptoms. It happens on a more regular basis than I think is normal. All my PCP says for me to do is stretch.

Anyways, I periodically have these spasms that last a few days and are painful. Mostly it happens in my ankle and feet and feels like someone just squeezing my foot. When trying to relax, I can see my foot spasming and it is constant.. almost like there is electricity going through my foot causing it to twitch. It is also very tender to the touch if I try to massage it.
I have had the same feeling once in my hand and it hurt so bad I could not even hold a pen to write.. same with in my foot that even just lifting my foot off the ground causes pain. Seems to hurt the most when I am resting. It also seems to be rapid onset and goes away just as fast when it does go away.

I am currently trying to find a second opinion doctor because it is happening too often to be just be something more obvious. Would be good to have some info for the doc to chew on because my pcp is not taking me seriously.

Reply Reply