It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
(male)

natashagt HB User
constant muscle twitches & hand/foot jerks

Soo on July 11th of this year, I woke up to having my muscles twitching and spasming all over my body. This has been constant every since and I can't figure out what's going on. I have a long history of severe anxiety/hypochondria and I've been to my family doctor twice and to the emergency room twice since thid all started, and they all told me it's anxiety or they don't know what's going on. My doctor finally referred me to a neurologist, but I can't get in until November 15th. This is seriously driving me crazy.

I don't know if this has to do with anything, but last October I had an epidural and then a c-section. The day after my surgery, the left side of my left thigh was numb and tingly and very, very sensitive. It took months for the numbness and tingling to go away but now it's still a little sensitive in that area.

Anyways, I have twitching spasming all over my body. I've noticed that the twitching and spasms are worse when i'm feeling anxious. Sometimes it feels like worms crawling in my legs, sometimes I can feel my the area around my lips twitching, my fingers and toes twitch, I've felt in my stomach, neck, thighs, arms, etc. Sometimes my foot feels like it will do a tiny jerk on it's own. the muscles in the back of my thighs feel like they squeeze up for a second then release. A few times when I'm feeling particularly anxious, I'll wake up and feel my arm or foot jerk. Sometimes I feel like a hot/cold feeling going up my legs.

Last week I started seeing a little tiny black dot in the center of my vision when I looked at something bright in my left eye. It lasted for about a day and it went away. Yesterday I was bending over for a few minutes and started seeing the same spot in my left eye that lasted for about 20 minutes. I do have floaters and have astigmatism in my left eye, and regularly have migraines and get auras so I don't know if it's related or something serious?

I haven't had any other symptoms like muscle weakness, rigidity, etc that the doctors told me to look for, but the twitching just wont go away. I've had my blood/urine tested to look at electrolytes and everything came out fine I assume. It's driving me crazy that I have to wait almost 2 months to go to a neurologist and get some real answers. Everyday I feel like is this a brain tumor? brain cancer? anuerysm? MS? Am I going to die before the 2 months get here?

Could it be my thyroid? When this first started happening July, for the first week I was sweating way more than usual in my armpits. I soaked through 2 shirts and that's definitely not normal for me.. but I haven't done that since. I do feel more tired than usual even though I usually get plenty of sleep. Thanks for any insight you guys can give me.. i r eally appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
(male)

toonchie HB User
Re: constant muscle twitches & hand/foot jerks

Hi, It sounds very similar to my story....very lenghty though.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-25-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Reply Reply