It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
(female)

kcferret HB User
Any help appreciated, buzzing sensation all over 24/7

I don't even know what to do anymore. I am managing as best I can but after 5 years of no answers I don't even know where to turn anymore. I've been having a buzzing/crawling sensation all over my body (kind of like restless leg) for about 5 years now. The only thing that seemed to happen just prior to the start of all this is that I had a bout of Bronchitis that turned into Walking Pneumonia. I can live with the sensation, it's annoying but not debilitating however I think the side effect of this is that I do not get restful sleep any longer. I can't remember the last time I woke up feeling rested. That subsequently leads to long days of fatigue and misery. I have two small boys and had to quit my job because I was just too exhausted and was hoping that the adjustment in my schedule might help. It didn't. Even getting to sleep in a little longer doesn't help. I am just not getting any "rest". I've had nerve conduction studies done, MRIs, CT scans, blood work out the yin yang and even a sleep study. Everything seems to be fine according to my docs. I've tried a pharmacy of meds and while they knock me right the heck out I still am not "rested" which means I obviously have something that isn't letting my body rest properly that chemicals don't seem to touch. I have found that some things irritate it however. I can't eat super sugary things like gummy candies (used to LOVE those) nor can I eat large meals. Oh and chocolate is a big no no. It isn't caffeine because I can drink soda and coffee with no extra problems. I am obviously chemo sensitive somehow but there is an underlying issue that is going undiagnosed. Unfortunately my husband lost his job back in Sept and our benefits were canceled so we had to get private insurance which is...well..not great so the constant doc appts are not an option for now.

Just looking for some insight as to what this might be. I look normal to anyone looking at me but I feel craptacular. Oh and during my cycle...ugh. I just want to crawl in a hole and die. I have to Valerian root myself to sleep every night because the buzzing goes up about 50%.

I can feel the buzzing right now though my whole body, no pain mind you, just buzzing...incessant buzzing. I'm a pretty laid back person but this has been stretching me to my limits. Any help is appreciated and sorry for the "wall o text"

Last edited by kcferret; 11-29-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
(male)

EOD1SG HB User
Re: Any help appreciated, buzzing sensation all over 24/7

You call it a buzzing sensation. I describe mine as a vibration. It started about 2 or 3 months back, at least, I noticed it more then. I was seeing a doctor for a toenail fungus, and he put me on lamisil. Think that's how it's spelled. I reported to him that I had experienced two incidents of vibration similar to an earthquake. Second one was so strong that I stood to run outside, but I noticed nothing was moving but me. After that incident. Things have grown in number but not intensity. I've asked my wife and others to touch my arm or hand to see if can feel anything. Always a negative answer. The doctor I was seeing for the fungus wanted me to see a Neuro. I put it off and stopped seeing him. Now that this is still happening, I'm going next month to see a neurologist. His nurse said I should keep a journal of dates and details. Even reading what I wrote cures my insomnia. If you want to know if you're boring, try keeping a journal.

Sorry, I digressed. I have tried for weeks to find anything similar to what I'm experiencing. MS, fibromyalgia are the only things that I've read that come close. But I've never been exposed to asbestos to my knowledge. MS is another story. In 2008, I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy with a 30% loss of nerves. Pretty unnerving news. Same doctor told me a year later that I didn't have it or any nerve loss. So I lost him.

My health has been pretty good except for prostate cancer (which has been gone for 2.5 years), and gall bladder operation. I'm 60, under tall for my weight, and I vibrate. There is no pain associated with the vibration, but my arms, hands, legs and feet hurt with cramps daily. Holding my iPad gets difficult within minutes, but laptop is too heavy to battle.

That's my tale. Does anyone experience anything similar? Thanks.

Reply Reply