It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuromuscular Diseases Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Flutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB User
back trouble or neurological?

A month ago it was thought I had a stoke. Left arm was weak and uncoordinated, I tried to talk and left side of face puched up and I slurred. this happened 3 more times and I went to ER. I was admitted, MRI, CT scan, 35 hour EEG, ultrasound on legs for clots, bubble test on heart. Found a small pfo, too small to worry about. they sent me home.

Weeks later still having trouble., everytime I stand up from a chair, roll over in bed or put too much weight on my left leg I get weak and my hand turns into a claw and my face contorts. These attack last about a minute or two, but it's getting to the point where I cannot do anything, even reading to turn off the light while laying in bed sets me off.

Went to back doc, I have 2 slipped discs, one high and one low and an xray shows severe artheritis and had an MRI, get results monday. They said it cannot be back realted because my facial spasms, it must be neurological but my neuiro is stumped.

Please has anyone here heard of this or exerpeience something similar or even idea WHAT it could be????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #2
(female)

Chiisai HB User
Re: back trouble or neurological?

Has your neurologist mentioned the possibility of dystonia and similar things? Obviously I'm not an expert in any way, but I know someone experiencing the whole hand claw thing/one sided issues and that's what she was diagnosed with eventually.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
(female)

Get fusion out HB User
Re: back trouble or neurological?

Check with a great infectious disease dr. Get western blot IGG test
For Lyme disease.was your face numb?
Check out research symptoms of neurological Lyme disease you will be amazed. When you research what you are going through it may give you more answers, I was misdiagnosed for years!!So please get many opinions. Research the best infectious disease dr in your area. Buy books about Lyme. It sounds like it to me.. You may need IV Rocephin, doxy and plaquinel. Good luck.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-06-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Reply Reply