It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2004, 04:11 PM   #1
(female)

kellyuu HB User
Symptoms of Neuro...

Hi,
This is my first time posting on this board. I have a few questions that maybe someone, hopefully, can answer.

For many months now my outside thighs to the outside of my knees have become very tender to touch, go numb if slept on. The pain is in a straight line from my start of my thigh, to the middle of my outside knee. Both of my legs feel very weak as if they aren't going to work or that they will give out on me. I have dizzy bouts. And my neck is really sore and stiff. When hubby massages my neck it helps with the pain there. Could this bee Neuropathy? What kind? Where can I learn about more about this?
Can someone help me? What do I do next? I had blood test done 2 weeks ago and I don't have diabetes or thyroid problems.
THANKS!
Kelly

Old 05-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
(female)

barbarae HB User
Re: Symptoms of Neuro...

Hi Kelly,

I am having similar symptoms to yours. I am hypothyroid and on meds to control it, have high blood pressure controled with meds, borderline diabetic controled with diet. They tell me none of these things have anything to do with my numb legs or fainting. But they cannot tell me what is causing it. I cannot go to work, drive the car, go out alone. I am a hermit and hate it!

My thighs went numbs, legs gave out and I fainted about 30 seconds after this happened. had to call 911, 3 days in hospital. they said I was criticaly low on potassium. 2 weeks later it happened again... admitted to hospital.. can't find anything wrong. Potassium good, blood pressure good, heart sounds fine, blood sugar good, TSH, T3 T4, all ok. ( I'm hypothyroid) So they send me home with no answers.
My things have been going numb and legs gving out for over 6 months. The dizzy and fainting is new.

If you get an answer as to what is going on with you, would you please let me know.

My heart goes out to you!!!! I hope you get some answers and an end to your problems soon.

Hugs to you.
Barbara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread