It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2004, 12:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
Question Hand Shaking Uncontrolably

Hi. I'm not sure if I'm on the right board or not for this. My son (15) came home from school today and his left hand was shaking. He said he couldn't stop it and he was unable to write (he's left handed). I have noticed his hands shaking a little bit before like he's nervous or something. I always attributed it to the fact that he's taking Concerta for ADD or he's nervous. But this time really scared me. It was only in the left hand and it was extremely noticable. It lasted for about 10-15 minutes and it slowly went away. I know this could be one of any number of things that's causing this. It has me very worried. What do you think this could be? What type of tests are generally done to find out what's going on?
I'm so scared but I'm not letting my son know that.
Thanks.
Barb

Old 06-05-2004, 03:19 AM   #2
(female)

BonBe HB User
Re: Hand Shaking Uncontrolably

Gee, I hope he is doing ok. My boy still has that, I just assumed it was his 'nature' not anything like your dear boy. Crossed fingers and all.

Now. I am so frustrated myself here, my friend who used to live in CrestHill and now lives in Romeoville has never updated from when she moved her internet stuff, and yet she still appears where I was yesterday but alas she never came back to that place I guess. Oh well, I have finished my searches as I am beating my head against a brick wall here and she was there as of early May this year....unreal..... (I believe I sent you some of the stuff she wrote back then) I am wondering after spending hours yesterday and again since 5:00 a.m this morning I am turning into a googleyed monster. I think also frustration levels do wacky things to my TD..... makes me go into a hyper state maybe.....

My four footed kitty woke me up at 5:00 a.m. and this time I had a reason to get up!!!

However, I am adding that I hope Bo is not having these arm shaking problems, what ever became of that? (((((hugs)))))) You must also be in somewhat of a brain fog state, as I am now from all this computer stuff.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2004, 05:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

OK Bonnie, I must admit I am totally confused. I'm that friend but I don't get it. I think I'm totally brain fogged and clueless. Well maybe not clueless. I see you've given me many.
Barb

Old 06-05-2004, 05:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes, my ds is doing fine now. No tremors of late. I don't know what caused that. It was really weird though. I still worry about it because it's not normal. I see this board is not as friendly as ours.
Barb

Old 06-05-2004, 05:39 AM   #5
(female)

BonBe HB User

Ok stay on line..... remember when I sent you that 'paragraph?; well you wrote it and it was on somewhere else....I answered that but found you have not changed your whatsitcalled place to pick up. Try that place (i did infact locate it googled it, and found it, but....alas....think back to may 5 of this year! that is it...

Thyroid folks are a friendly lot, as it is a lifetime ailment or so I find it to be.

Old 06-05-2004, 06:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

OK, my totally befoggled mind is blown!
I have to go now. We're having a picnic in Joliet with a whole bunch of friends that starts at 10 and I still have to shower and pick up some bait. We're going to be fishing (my ds and dh are) and roller blading (my ds). I cannot imagine standing on those things much less moving! lol
Barb

Old 06-05-2004, 06:29 AM   #7
(female)

BonBe HB User

Have a great time, next google session try your own nonduplume (spelling) and check the 6th down, regarding TD and remember to say hello to elena (DD) enjoy picnic great day for it.

Bonnie

Closed Thread