It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2004, 02:17 PM   #1

rainwoman HB User
does anyone get light-headed, hands-tingling spells?

i found out i have peripheral neuropathy when i checked into the emergency room to find out why i kept getting light-headed. i knew it wasn't a blood sugar problem, and my state health insurance was about to end. so i had to find out then.

they brought in a neurologist. i wasn't there to find out why my feet and part of my legs were numb, i thought that would eventually go away. they had no clue what caused my light-headed spells, but diagnosed me with peripheral neuropathy.

since then, the neuropathy has gotten so bad i can't stand without holding onto something; i can barely walk; i have to keep my feet elevated most of the time, as they swell after only a few minutes of being on them or sitting in a chair; and i can barely feel anything except pain. for a time, i was sleeping an hour or two at a time, before my burning feet would wake me and i would have to get up and put them in cold water. taking massive amounts of b complex and calcium magnesium from nutrilite helped a little. i found out about tramadol, and i can sleep much longer now. whew! i take it with acetominophen, as i was told it works best that way.

sorry, long intro.

i still get the light-headed spells, and my hands tingle. i started thinking it must be part of the neuropathy, but no neuropathy sites i found said anything about that symptom, and the neurologist didn't know it was part of it. but the pressure i get in my head and the tingling in my hands are definitely the same feelings i have in my feet and legs sometimes!

i went to [ removed ] and looked into that device, the rebuilder, having seen the device come up quite a bit in my research. they came up with a payment plan i could live with. i spoke to terry, who confirmed that the light-headed, hands-tingling spells ARE part of neuropathy! she has it and gets them, and many of their clients do too! at least i'm not crazy! i mean, if i don't hold onto something or sit down, my legs can give out. i can collapse. and i can't get back up! i don't have enough control and ease of movement to get up from the floor. i collapsed after a job interview once, the only time i have actually collapsed, and i guess now it's best i didn't get the job, but it was part time and i thought i could handle it at the time. but i never lose consciousness when it happens. it's scary if i'm out of the house when it happens. it seems to happen more when i'm hungry, but i don't know that eating helps much. weird.

i don't know if the rebuilder is doing anything yet. i'm not getting better yet, but my symptoms are so severe, it could take longer. i believe in it though. some symptoms may be reducing but it's hard to say. i only take tramadol twice a day. i don't want to get hooked. i take it at night and when i have pain during the day.

feet swelling, must get off computer now. anyone else want to talk about these spells?

Last edited by moderator2; 08-16-2004 at 06:00 PM. Reason: do not post commercial websites, use brand names only.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2004, 03:01 PM   #2
Inactive

sugarleaf HB User
Re: does anyone get light-headed, hands-tingling spells?

Hi rainwoman

It would certainly seem that you have some form of neuropathy and as you have been told it could be peripheral neuropathy.
My question to you is do you take vitamin B12 in addition to the B complex you mention? B12 deficiency is extremely common and requires high doses of B12 preferably as B12 methylcobalamin taken orally 1000mcg (1mg) at least daily. You cannot overdose on B12. Also donít confuse B12 deficiency as always being pernicious anaemia, it is also an illness in its own right.

You can buy B12 methycobalamin on line at [ removed ]
Very many people have been helped and sometimes cured by B12.

I wish you less pain and please let us all know how you are getting along.

Jake

Last edited by moderator2; 08-16-2004 at 06:05 PM. Reason: do not post commercial websites, use brand names only.

Old 08-11-2004, 05:18 PM   #3

rainwoman HB User

thanks, jake. i'll look into that. i've heard it can be dangerous to take b vitamins independently, so i would want to talk to a doctor first, one i trust knows about nutrition, but i will certainly look into it with an open mind.

i just spoke to the inventor of the rebuilder. he thinks my lower back pain is the real reason for my neuropathy. i dropped a picture on my feet last year, that's when the numbness started, but he agrees that the back pain (not always, only after lying down for several hours or more) is the problem, and thinks that only when i solve that will the rebuilder be able to help me. so he told me how to stretch, and where to have someone massage me, to work on that back pain.

he also said that part of my light-headedness could be from scaring myself! you know, worrying about money, or whatever else comes up that i get really scared about. so we talked about what to do about it. he was a good source of information. i'll discuss the b12 thing with him, too.

Old 08-12-2004, 06:44 AM   #4
Sheilat

I also have been suffering the same problems....G.p has been great, tested my B12 over 3 months...so low. Started my first b12 injections yesterday...I have been having neuropathy problems for 2 years...Hope things get sorted out for you.
Sheila

Last edited by Sheilat; 08-12-2004 at 06:44 AM.

Closed Thread