It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
(female)

Sandy373 HB User
help! shooting pains on left side of body

I don't know what to do. I have seen every kinda doctor there is and nobody knows what's going on. It started out with thyroid problems, I was diagnosed hypothyroid in July, but I recently had my thyroid removed due to enlarged nodules. Before it was removed my levels were good and several doctors told me it wasn't causing my symptoms. I've had shooting pains in my left arm and leg since Oct. 2004. I've recently been getting muscle twitches in my neck, left leg/arm and side. I've been on neurontin since I went to the hospital about it in Oct. It was the only thing to lesson my pain. I've recently been bumped up to 600 3x's a day because the pain has suddenly increased. I hate taking so much and don't know why. I've tried to quit it, but the pain comes back and my arm draws up. I've suspected MS but my mri comes back clean and I haven't lost strength in my arm or leg. I have had a nerve test done and it only found one damaged nerve in my leg. Nothing explains why my arm is also hurting. It has a numb tingley sensation. I feel like it's swelling but my ring still slides off with ease. It's followed by shooting pains that are enough to make me jump and usually last a few minutes. I'm only 30 and to young to have to deal with all this just yet. I've got young kids that depend on me. It's driving me nuts not knowing what's wrong. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone? Any advice on what kinda doc I need to get with or what this may be? I've already got a neurologist, endocrinologist, urologist, cardiologist, gastrologist, gyn and family doctor working on this for me. I've even seen an infectios disease dotor. He said check for lupus (which was negative) or it may be MS. My other symptoms is rapid heart beat, fatique, anxiety attacks, memory loss, blood in urine and possible kidney stones, possible endometriosis, sharp pain in left side of pelvis and pain in left backside behind ribs. I've also been skipping menstral and having problems with ovarian cysts. I've recently been diagnosed with epstein barr virus (contracted possibly 2yrs ago) and I've been reinfected with mono for about 4-6mths. I've been pretty healthy up until last summer. Since then it's been nothing but dotor appts. Thanks everyone for allowing me to vent and I hope somebody out there will have some kinda clue of what this may be or be able to give me some kinda advice about what to do now.

sandy373

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread