It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2005, 04:12 PM   #1
(female)

oybnormal HB User
Diabetic Neurophy

I was looking for any help or suggestions for my pain in my legs. My Diabetic Nurse Practioner has me taking 100 mg B6 (one a day) & 80mg Diovan 9ONE A DAY0. I really am not seeing any relief even thought it's only been about a month. Please help me 'I'm a lost Ball in High Weeds!' I am hurting so bad I can barely walk a block. Last year this time I could walk a mile- no problem. I am a type 2 Diabetic but for a little while I'm taking a little amount of Insulin (a 70/30 Mix) Besides the normal Diabetic drugs. Is there any help for Neurophy right now? Thank you. Shayron

Old 07-20-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
(male)

Barrygood HB User
Thumbs up Re: Diabetic Neurophy

Hi. Neuropathy is unfortunately one of the horrible complications of Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2). As someone experienced in Neutraceuticals, I would rather see you on the full range of B vitamins, which ALL persons with Diabetes should be on. What I am referring to is Vitamin B Complex.
Also you should be aware that in Europe (mostly Germany) Diabetes is treated not only with the various insulins and Anti-Diabetes Oral medications, but something called Alpha Lipoeic Acid which is used to prevent Neuropathies. I would also recommend to you, the taking of good quality Anti-Oxidants and Omega 3 Fatty Acids. These can all be gotten from a reputable Health Food Store/Company. My finally suggestion to you is to "Manage" the Diabetes yourself. It is Your Body and you have a responsibility to learn as much as possible and to take care of yourself with the help of "Intelligent & Caring" Healthcare providers.
Barrygood

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2005, 09:29 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

wackytoposthere HB User
Re: Diabetic Neurophy

I find working out the soreness first thing after waking up, generally gives many hour of pain free walking. Find a good massage therapist that does Deep tissue to work mostly on your legs and feet. I've been using a combination of two herbs that have the ability to help the nervous system, they are Scullcap and Passion flower. I also use cayenne to aid in better circulation. These should be taken as directed on the bottle, however remember, your treating a problem, 2 capsules of each 2 to 3 times a day (ever 8 to 12 hours), The cayenne's a different story, start with one a day and work up to 2 every 12 hours, (it may take as much as a month or more to get up to the 2 every 12 hours). I also take a product called Sugar Balance
which has the following herbs in it:

Ingredients:

Nettle leaf- Lowers blood sugar, increases insulin sensitivity due to chromium content. Removes uric acid to prevent alloxan formation. Provides nutritional support and strengthens blood vessels to prevent insulin damage.

Bilberry- Has a strong effect on lowering blood sugar.

Fenugreek seed- Lowers blood sugar.

Oatgrass- Lowers blood sugar from fiber content. Strengthens blood vessels, due to silica content, preventing insulin damage.

Gymneme sylvestre- Blocks sugar absorption. Increases islet cells on pancreas. Improves insulin sensitivity.

Juniper berry- Contains a compound that is similar in structure and function to insulin. Improves pancreas function. Strengthens nerves, blood vessels, and adrenal glands. Removes uric acid in alloxan induced diabetes.

Butcher's broom- Increases circulation, particularly to the legs and feet. Silica content strengthens blood vessels.

Inulin (FOS)- Natural fiber source derived from chickory root. Inulin helps prevent rises in blood sugar.

Amla- Strongest source of vitamin C in the herbal kingdom. This protects the blood vessels from insulin damage. Antiviral due topolyphenols, through raising interferon levels, and by raising superoxide dismutase (S.O.D.) levels; S.O.D. produces hydrogen peroxide which kills microbes and stimulates white blood cell activity. Improves protein metabolism to control blood sugar. Increases lean body mass to improve insulin sensitivity.

Kelp- Provides vitamins, minerals, and all trace minerals.

Stevia- Regulates blood sugar through high chromium content. Increases number of islet cells on the pancreas and insulin sensitivity.

*****ly ash bark- Prevents constriction of blood vessels by insulin.

Yucca root- Enhances the absorption of nutrients.

Glucose tolerance factor (GTF) chromium- Regulates blood sugar through increased insulin sensitivity and by increasing the number of islet cells on the pancreas.

Vanadyl sulfate- Functions like insulin, but can carry sugar out of the blood through closed insulin receptor sites, when insulin cannot. Helps to open insulin receptors in insulin-resistant diabetes.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:43 PM   #4
(female)

oybnormal HB User
Re: Diabetic Neurophy

I'm sorry for the delay in replying. My computer went defunct! I really appreciate everything both of you said. I will try your suggestions. Please cross your fingers for me. It's been a real double whammy for me. This past May I had my knee operated on for a torn meniscus. The Doctor said that's what happened when I slid down my basement steps in 'January!' Since he operated, I have been back twice & he has gave me shots of cortazone for the pain that is awful & keeping me from walking much. I wish he knew really what he did was right. But that is a totally different pain than the Neurophy. I feel that if I can get just one in control, I might have a chance at a more normal life than I've had lately.

Closed Thread