It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2005, 09:13 PM   #1
(female)

OTabby HB User
Thumbs up Disabled Parking Permit

Since We All have Neuropathy,We qualify for handicapped parking.That was the best $3.00 ever spent.Went to the D.M.V. for an application,have your DR. sign it ,receive permit same day.
Take Care JL

Old 09-01-2005, 06:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Disabled Parking Permit

I am soo glad i got mine.i didn't have to pay for it as my doc put down 'permanent" and i am good til 2010 and will have to renew it then.i just wanted to mention to anyone who is also thinking of getting the handicapped license plates to really think about it before doing anyhting.when I called the DMV to inquire about getting the actual placard,i also asked her about how i would go about getting the plates and what she told me kinda changed my mind about it.she said that when you have those plates on your car and out and about driving around you are letting people know that you are basically disabled and some not so nice people actually look for potential victims this way.wow, i never even thought about that and also being a very disabled female, it honestly really sent a big shiver down my damaged spine.Just something to ponder before you make that final decision you know?I really never even thought about the possible implications of just having that plate but now i do,lol.i will do and have been doing just fine with only the placard.FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2005, 09:22 AM   #3
(female)

Moonsblu HB User

I am so glad I read this thread. I am leaving now to go to the DMV. I only grocery shop 2 times a month and this is one of the hardest things for me to get through and then have to park far away.

Thank you very much!
Moonsblu

Old 09-02-2005, 06:15 PM   #4
(female)

OTabby HB User

Hey FB,So glad You mentioned the license plate mark,I live in a high crime area (Miami) & i thought I was always aware of my surroundings.Thanks for making me more aware.
Take Care JL

Old 09-02-2005, 06:18 PM   #5
(female)

OTabby HB User

Hi Moonsblu,
Did you pick up your application today?Easy,Huh?
Take Care JL

Old 09-17-2005, 04:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Terri43 HB User

I have a question. can you get the disabled parking permit if your temporarily disabled because your still waiting on surgery? I don't ever go any where because I can't walk very far. It would be nice to have one so maybe I could go out with my fiance to go shopping and not have to walk so far. I get so sore from the walk into the store I can't walk around very long before I have to go sit down. If I could get one it would be great.
Terri

Old 09-18-2005, 07:40 PM   #7
(female)

OTabby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri43
I have a question. can you get the disabled parking permit if your temporarily disabled because your still waiting on surgery? I don't ever go any where because I can't walk very far. It would be nice to have one so maybe I could go out with my fiance to go shopping and not have to walk so far. I get so sore from the walk into the store I can't walk around very long before I have to go sit down. If I could get one it would be great.
Terri
Hi Terri, I believe they do have a six-month temporary permit.Call your DMV.
Take Care JL

Closed Thread