It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2005, 06:35 AM   #1
(male)

coryb HB User
Bilateral Hand Numbness

Hi, I am having numbness, tingling, vibrating, buzzing sensations in both of my hands and fingers. I've seen my GP and a neurologist back in January, and they said it was just mild Carpal Tunnel, but I am pretty sure that isn't what is causing this. For one, it only gets bad when it starts to get colder. It starts occurring when my hands start to feel cold. The problem went away when it got warmer, but now that it is getting cooler (still very mild here in San Antonio), it is starting up again. Warming them up makes them feel better. And it occurs in both hands at the same time. It gets worse when I am actively using my fingers. Rubbing my fingers on rough surfaces or anything that causes any small vibrations, like moving the mouse, are very uncomfortable. Doing things like clicking on the mouse buttons with my index or middle fingers also cause them to feel sore and swollen. Also, my little finger seems to be affected as well, but not nearly as much since I don't use it very much. I know this sounds like the Raynaud's Phenomenon thing, but I don't notice any significant color changes in my fingertips.

This problem has only added to an already very bad list of problems that I have with dizziness, vertigo, cognitive problems, and many others that have been going on for the last 5 years. I've been tested for MS with an MRI and that was normal. I was also tested for autoimmune diseases as well, like Lupus. I had a slightly abnormal ANA and then more extensive tests that the doctor (rheumatologist) said definitely showed an autoimmune disorder, but a different doctor did the tests again and everything was normal.

It seems like a lot of my problems have been migriane related. But it doesn't seem like a lot the numbness things I've described, such as the coldness aspect, would be a migraine thing. I'm not sure who I should see about it now. Does anybody have any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread