It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
(female)

Chellaine HB User
4% Alcohol treatment to kill nerve

Hello,
I haven't posted on this particular board before, but have been lurking for a while.
I have peripheral neuropathy, pins and needles on the bottoms of both feet if I stand in one place for more than approx. 10-15 minutes, numbness in both big toes, spreading down the sides of the feet and on the right foot I have a terrible burning on the top of the big toe. If you touch a certain spot on the top of my foot, it burns horribly in my toe. Went to a podiatrist who specializes in neuropathy and he said it was a nerve dying and going spastic, usually it's the whole branch but this is just one nerve out of the branch. He wants to speed it up by injecting the nerve with a 4% alcohol mixture, it takes about 6 injections, 1 injection per week, and it kills the nerve faster. The alternative is surgery with many complications very possible. With the injections, the pain is worse for the first couple of weeks, or so I have read, while the nerve is going more spastic.
I was just wondering if there is anyone out there that has had this done and how it turned out. Did it work? Is there still pain?
Thanks,
Chellaine

Old 03-27-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
(female)

dscw133 HB User
Re: 4% Alcohol treatment to kill nerve

Hoping you get notice of my post, since I know your post was quite some time ago. I found it searching for info on Neuromas and the injection treatment. I am facing the same thing. Curious if you ever moved forward with it, or something else, and/or heard back from anyone else here about it.

Any info would be most helpful. THanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2007, 09:18 AM   #3
(female)

wpaint HB User

I have had 4 alcohol shots to no avail

Old 06-16-2007, 09:20 AM   #4
(female)

wpaint HB User

I have had 4 alcohol injections for a foot neuroma. They have not helped and are very painful.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:06 AM   #5
(female)

dscw133 HB User
Re: New "Freezing" Treatment for Morton's Neuroma?

I have heard there is a new treatment out there for Morton's Neuroma which involves "freezing" the nerve--trying to find out more about it, so if you've heard anything, know anyone who's done it, and/or know where one can get it done, please reply! Thanks!

Old 07-19-2007, 08:50 PM   #6
(female)

PDCurry HB User

I had that too- and still had to have surgery. I am 4 weeks after surgery and still in severe pain. My doctor says to be patient- I hope he is right- this is miserable.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:17 PM   #7
(female)

dscw133 HB User

So, u did the freezing, too?? Can I ask what's involved in it? Haven't found much info on it yet.

So sorry about the surgery--will keep my fingers crossed 4 u!

Closed Thread