It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2006, 02:57 PM   #1
(female)

english04 HB User
Question Itchy Arms and Shoulders .... but No Rash!!!

Itchy Arms and Shoulders .... but No Rash!!!

I have noticed a "tingly", somewhat burning sensation on my arm while driving and the sun shines through the window on my arm.
I go through spells of having terribly itchy arms - mostly forearms, sometimes shoulders. Feels more like little *****les or bits, but there is not a mark on my skin to show for it. Mostly happens at night, and the itching sensation gets so bad that it wakes me up. Usually I try putting ICE on the itching area. If I scratch once, then I have to scratch twice, etc etc.
I have a pinched nerve in my neck with the numbness in my right pinkie finger. Does this have anything to do with my PROBLEMS....

Signed,
Angry,Tired and aggrevated

Old 07-08-2007, 01:15 AM   #2
(female)

Bucky123 HB User
Re: Itchy Arms and Shoulders .... but No Rash!!!

I have the same thing. Arms itch so bad it hurts! They feel like they are BURNING from the inside out. I scratch til I bleed and then it just gets worse. I think it's stress related...thats what the dermotologist said too. I just cant find anything that takes the itch away. It wakes me up. I cry because it just wont go away. I do notice some relief when I am busy working and my mind is occupied. Vinager seems to help the burning itch. But I stick when I put it on my arms and it wont last very long either. Help. Am I crazy? Is this stress? Or am I lacking some important mineral or vitamin?
Please...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
(female)

kimm121415 HB User
Smile Re: Itchy Arms and Shoulders .... but No Rash!!!

I Thought I Was The Only One To Experience This. I Have Never Checked With My Doctor But I Have Tried The Anti Itching Lotions. They Do Not Seem Do Touch The Itch. I Believe It Is Stressed Related But I Do Not Normally Feel Stressed. I Mostly Have It In The Evening When I Am Relaxing Before Bed. I Can Go For Months With Out It. Then It Hits Me. What Has Worked For Me Is I Put An Ice Pack On The Itch Area. For Me It Is Always My Arms. The Ice Pack Seems To Numb The Area And Allow Me To Fall Assleep. I Hope This Is Helpful

Old 08-07-2007, 07:23 AM   #4
(female)

kimm121415 HB User

Hey, That Is Interesting. I Never Thought About Lacking A Vitamin Or Mineral. I Have Always Wondered If It Is A Reaction To Something I AM Eating Or Any Meds That Have Been Taken. It Is Just So Hit And Miss When It Comes That It Is Hard To Keep Track Of. I Have To Think It Is Stress And Maybe That Is Our Way Of It Coming Out. Could Be Worse I Guess. If You Find Anything Out I Would Like To Hear From You. I Have Never Mentioned This To My Doctor. I Have Other Things To Deal With And I Don't Want Them To Think I Am A HypocONDRIAC. Have A Great Day!!

Last edited by kimm121415; 08-07-2007 at 07:30 AM.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:29 AM   #5
(female)

kimm121415 HB User

It Is So Wierd We Have The Itching In The Same Location. (arms And Shoulders.) I Agree The Ice Pack Works Great. I Also Try To Go As Long As I Can To Not Itch Other Wise It Is A Vicious Cycle. I Use To Try Soaking My Arms In Lotion Thinking They Must Be Dry. I Would Check With Your Doctor Regarding The Pinch Nerve Having Anything To Do With The Itching. Anything Is Possible. I Would Be Curious To See What He Says. Good Luck!

Closed Thread