It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2006, 07:49 PM   #1
(female)

southernbelle2 HB User
Lyme patient with numb leg, foot, now arms/hands

I a am 28 year old mom of 3. I was diagnosed with late Lyme infection in Feb. I began antibiotics (Doxy-400 mg and Flagyl-500 mg) right away. I expected to see improvement for my symptoms but have only gotten worse. My Lyme symptoms were many: exhaustion, hypotension, arthritis pain all over, strange shooting pains, pain in one spot in mid spine area, weak muscles, some nausea/dizziness, no libido, horomone problems, dramatic weight loss, cognitive problems (memory, problems with speech) also irritability and of course, depression. Also, I don't know if any of you have experienced this very bizzare sleep paralysis where you wake up and you are paralyzed all over-everything even your lips are completely numb. Takes a little bit to gradually be able to move a limb and when you do it is so heavy. If any of you know what I am talking about, please write so I don't feel like a weirdo!
The last couple of months I have continued to have the annoying pain in the mid spine area. Some days it is hard to sit back or lay on my back. If you have ever had an epidural, it feels like an epidural is in that spot in my back.
My left leg has been going numb and staying numb. At first it was a couple of days at a time, followed by heel pain. Now it is frequently numb and my hands and arms are starting to go numb as well. Some days, my fore arms feel very "weak" and sore and things are harder to lift. I have had 3 episodes of major lightning bolt like pain shoot through the top of my head and it was so intense, but only lasted a few minutes.
I saw a Neuro Dr. Monday and he made no speculations. Only said I needed to have several MRI's done asap. I go in next Thur. for those. I see him the following Mon. for the MRI results and game plan. He offered me no medication and no ideas as to what he thinks this is. I am wondering what you guys think? This leg is driving me crazy, now my hands and arms.
Thank you in advance for any comments

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #2
(female)

Petesmom HB User
Re: Lyme patient with numb leg, foot, now arms/hands

Hi,
I was also diagnosed with Chronic Neuro-Lyme. I had most of the symptoms you listed, escept for the spine issue. I was on 2 gms IV Rocephin and 1500
mg of Flagyl every day for almost 4 months. That was until I saw my Lyme doc and told him the bottom of my feet were numb and starting to hurt, making it difficult to walk. Within 5 minutes he completely dismissed me, took me of all meds (pulled PICC line), and told me he was sending me to a neuro, and he was sure they would find out what was wrong with me and there would surely be a cure. I was in shock.
I have been diagnosaed with Small Fiber Peripheral Neuropathy. The neuro can't find anything else wrong with me, and is now sending me for a Neuro-psych evaluation. I am taking Lyrica and Pamelor. I have had it for 4 months, and have no idea if it;s permanent or not. The docs are saying if it were the meds, it would be ok by now.
My suggestion to you would be to Google Flagyl and it's side effects. I don;t believe it'ss the Lyme, I think it was the Flagyl.
Good Luck !
Jill

Closed Thread