It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2006, 10:24 AM   #1
(female)

Nancy1961 HB User
Reviews on Cymbalta

My moms neuropathy is of the unknown kind, meaning they have yet to find out what is causing it. She explains the soles of her feet feeling like they are "wrapped in tight socks with a big lump on the heals and toe area". Her finger tips are also numb, something that happened while taking chemo. Her neurologist had her on Neurontin but that made her feel groggy all day. Last night she got brave enough (or desperate enough) to start the Cymbalta that he said to try. Does anyone have any reviews on Cymbalta? Thanks so much, Nancy

Old 08-01-2006, 11:14 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

don'tlikecold HB User
Re: Reviews on Cymbalta

Hi Nancy,

I haven't taken Cymbalta and maybe someone will post who has. It is another medication that has been approved for neuropathy pain. It is very hard to go on what others have experienced because everyone reacts in a different way. Lyrica works well for me but others have said they have no effect except a "druggy" feeling.

It's very hopeful that this medication will work for your mother but in case it doesn't, there are other medications her doctor can try. One of the frustating things about this condition is it can take so long for the right treatment to be found and then the correct dosage. Those who have pn start feeling like they will have to live the rest of their lives like this and that is so depressing. You have to keep up your hope because there is a treatment that will work, it just has to be found by trial and error.

Tell your mom that I and others like me, know exactly what she is going through. There are so many emotions. Trying to deal with the pain, the different sensations, the loss of ability, all the tests and drs visits, etc, can be overwhelming. And just when you think you're stable, the pain is back and you have adjust your medication all over again. It is far from fun. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. It's just that sometimes that tunnel is long!

Susan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2006, 12:17 PM   #3
(female)

CittyCat HB User

Hi,

I have been on Cymbalta for about 2 years now and had my dosage upped from 60mg to 120 mg. It is for depression associated with cronic pain and is generally give to patients with diabetes. I suppose like any drug it can be dangerous but if you have a conscientious Neurologist and watches you closely I believe it worth trying. I have cryogenic Neuropathy also (the unknow kind) also. My major pain is in my feet and legs. It is very difficult for me to muster up the energy to leave the house because my legs become unbearable for me.

Good luck. If you don't trust your dr. you need to find one you do. I was luck and was refered to one of the best in the area I live in!

To all of you, sincerely,
Cathy

Old 08-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #4
(female)

Nancy1961 HB User

Dear Cathy:
I was just wondering what Neurologist you see that you are happy with in So. Ca. I also live in So. Ca and my mom is in the process of finding a new neurologist. She has seen him three times and is more unhappy with him every time. If you are able to give any information on yours, please do, [ REMOVED ] THanks so much, Nancy

Last edited by moderator2; 08-02-2006 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Please honor your membership agreement. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Closed Thread