It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2006, 12:16 PM   #1
(female)

Stormangel28 HB User
Shock sensations throughout my body

I don't know if I'm in the right place, someone suggested my "symptoms" sounded like neuropathy, so I thought I would see if I could get some opinions from you people! I'm 31 years old, and I started having electrical shock-like muscle spasms about 4 or 5 months ago. Unfortunately it's progressively getting worse. By worse I mean effecting more areas. It was initially just in my left calf. Started as just a shock sensation, and developed to full on visible muscle spasm (a painful one at that too, not a cramp but a brief spasm). Now they are all over, arms, legs, neck, fingers, even right under my collar bone. They are no longer visible, just the shocking spasm sensation persists. It happens anywhere from several times a day to probably 200 on a bad day. And I'm even starting to suspect it's causing me the same painful shocks internally (shocking stabbing abdominal pain, intermittent, no fever, and nothing else to cause concern). I've just moved, and am in the process of trying to find a new doctor. I have an appointment with a family doctor on the 15th to see if he will help me. My last doc just kept sending me for blood tests as my LDH levels were elevated. Does any of this sound familiar? I have had a full set of blood tests, my blood chemistry is perfect, and my CBC shows just a low increase in my LDH levels. I'm hoping to get sent to a neurologist, but was just wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone. I also get intense burning sensations in various parts of my body, usually a spot about the size of a dime, and usually only lasts 15-20 seconds. I have these several times a day. I know people here have suffered for a lot longer than I have with different undiagnosed conditions, but frankly I'm getting tired and frustrated with it. Not to mention the spasms hurt (anywhere from irritation to flinching pain) luckily they are very brief (lasting only a few seconds each). Anyone with any ideas, or who has experienced anything similar, I'd love to hear about it. Thank you!

P.S. I do have a prescription for Neurontin and haven't been taking it as 1) I'm worried about masking anything that could be important, 2) I was nursing my baby when I was given the prescription (no longer nursing though) and 3) I wanted to talk to a doc here (our new city) before I started taking meds. But I broke down and took one last night as yesterday was such a bad day. But my research indicates that Neurontin doesn't "work" for that long, and my orders are to take one 300mg capsule before bed, problem is I don't have any problems sleeping. Although the spasms must be effecting me at night as last night I had a way better sleep than I've had in a long time.

Ok, thanks for reading my book, if you have any ideas, input, experiences, ANYTHING, I'd love to hear about it.
Thanks
Christine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

curiousforever HB User
Re: Shock sensations throughout my body

feels like your body is jumping inside your skin? Yep. I also have problems with my arms and leg - pain from nerves and jumping.

I don't know what it is so I really can't help you....

Old 08-09-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Storm,

I can relate to the electical shock sensation.I get it in the arch of my feet and in the neck which can travel down my spine to other limbs.It has been very painful to barely noticable.Muscle spasms I have controlled with meds.My neuro stated it was over excited nerves.Try to see a neuro to see if he can help.

Old 08-09-2006, 09:33 PM   #4
(female)

Stormangel28 HB User

Thanks for the input!!

Nuff, if it's over excited nerves, maybe a time out would calm them down? LOL (Sorry, my momminess talking).

I'm working on getting to see a neuro, I think that would be the best thing for me, only 6 more days until I see a doc who COULD send me to a Neuro if he chooses.

I'll keep you all updated if anything ever happens!

Keep the input coming, it's VERY much appreciated

Christine

Closed Thread