It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2006, 05:41 PM   #1
(female)

booemmy HB User
Has anyone tried acupunture for the pain?

This was mentioned to me today,and I had'nt a clue as how to answer.Thought you guys would know.boo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2006, 09:07 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

don'tlikecold HB User
Re: Has anyone tried acupunture for the pain?

I haven't tried it but I am very interested in alternative treatments. I did use acupuncture in the past after a car accident 10 years ago. I had hit my head and had bad headaches. It did work but I had to go back 3 times. I haven't had any headaches since. It would be interesting to see if it will work on neuropathy.

Susan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2006, 02:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User

Boo...
Yes i tried accupuncture back when i first had neuropathy and didn't know about diet connection so i expected to be cured by this.Well i did feel better and stronger so i was amazed however i didn't realise i had to have about 10 treatments at $80.00 so i did not have $800.00 to pay for these so i never went back but if someone can afford them then you may want to explore more.The needles do not hurt at all and its about a 30 min procedure.
There was a good story on my GNC monthly magazine i recieve about 7 yrs ago titled ''Is MS todays Polio'' and was about Multiple Sclerosis striking more and more young people so this man who had it changed his diet to Paleo and felt stronger and then added accupuncture treatments and after 10 he said hid MS went into remission. Anyway thats my info on this ....later !!

Last edited by 6foot3; 08-20-2006 at 02:55 PM.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User

I have Idiopathic Sensoral Axonal PN.
I did try ten sessions of acupuncture and Chinese Massage.
He used the type of acupuncture where the needles are on wires.
I didn't feel much of anythng from the needles. No results at all.
The Chinese Massage was him physically grinding his knuckles deep as he could up and down my leg and the bottom of my foot as hard as he could (THAT was VERY painful)
That was in '94 or '95.

$50 bucks per session and I made myself do all ten because the PN was a big problem and I just kept grabbing staws of false hopes.
I did them on Saterday's, which was my day off work, After every session I would go home and sleep like a log for solid 2 hours.
Darned expensive nap.
Didn't help my PN at all.

Last edited by snowmelts; 08-21-2006 at 03:04 PM.

Old 08-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #5
(female)

SarahNina HB User

I've had about 8 treatments so far for idiopathic small-fiber sensory neuropathy. I can't tell if it's doing anything. Sometimes I feel that I might get a couple of better days after the treatment, but I can't distinguish it from the normal ups and downs I usually have anyway. I'll continue weekly treatments for now...

Old 08-28-2006, 02:07 AM   #6
(female)

djoyv HB User

I have been in severe pain for almost 3 year due to tumors embedded in cervical nerve roots. I had acupuncture between 2 to 3 times a week for almost 2 years. My insurance covered it at 70%, which made it realistic. It definitely hel[ed with the pain, but unfortunately, the effects were not lasting. It got to a point where the pain was only completely relieved when the needles were in. Since I couldn't walk around that way, the effort to make the drive there and back just no longer seemed worth it.

Closed Thread