It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2006, 09:49 AM   #1
(female)

MrsShahidKapur HB User
Numbness on left hand, left foot

Hello,

My dad is in his early 60s, and for the past several months, he's been woken up with numbness on his left hand (fingers and palm), and left foot (toes, and balls of his foot, below his toes). These numbness episodes are on and off. However, today, it was rather severe, which is why he told me today. He wanted to sleep in on a Sunday, and wake up aroung noon-ish, but instead, the numbness woke him up at 10am. And as he was explaining me this problem, he complained of sudden numbness on his RIGHT hand, specifically, his middle, and ring finger.

Please tell me what could be causing this. My dad keeps up health the best he can, eating properly, maintaining proper weight by going to the gym. We also have heart disease and diabetes running in our family, and he's pre-diabetic. Plus, he's dealing with cataracts, and prostate, among other things.

Just want to be able to pinpoint the most probable cause of this numbness.

Thank you.

Old 10-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User
Re: Numbness on left hand, left foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsShahidKapur

Please tell me what could be causing this. We also have heart disease and diabetes running in our family, and he's pre-diabetic. Plus, he's dealing with cataracts, and prostate, among other things.

Just want to be able to pinpoint the most probable cause of this numbness.
I think you answered your question in that your dad is prediabetic..Not all but most numbness neuropathy's with a prediabete's or diabete's is usually the cause. High blood sugar and/or high insulin levels do alot of damage to the peripheral nerves....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2006, 06:32 PM   #3
(female)

slsmith1122 HB User

take him to a chiropractor. it could be a nerve in his neck. that happened to me several times, and the chiropractor lines me up! i think people jump to neurosurgeons toooo quick. if the chiro don't work, there is nothing lost. i know he works though. good luck.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:32 PM   #4
(female)

slsmith1122 HB User

take him to a chiropractor. it could be a nerve in his neck. that happened to me several times, and the chiropractor lines me up! i think people jump to neurosurgeons toooo quick. if the chiro don't work, there is nothing lost. i know he works though. good luck.

Closed Thread