It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2006, 11:47 AM   #1
(female)

susanna1979 HB User
numbness and internal vibration

I'm 27 yers old and from march 2006 my life changed!!! I started to feel numb in the right side of my body...a little headeache and very weak..I went to the Er and I had 2 ct scan and a MRI to my brain .the results were negative!! the neurologist was thinking about MS, but she told me that I don't have it!!! from there I felt numb all over my body and I coudn't sleep trough the night anymore...sometimes even my brain was numb and I was very confused. I felt better during the summer but in september the symptoms came back, plus now I have neck and back stiffness and a feeling of an internal vibration in my body and sometimes nausea!!! Some days I fell better, some days I fell so bad I can't do anything, not even go to work i just want to be at home in bed!!! I had all the blood test done and nothing wrong with me, it's like the doctors don't believe me and it's very hard getting another MRi done. What can I do..I'm very sad..I'm not more the same person!!!!

Old 12-04-2006, 08:45 PM   #2
(female)

blueflamingo HB User
Re: numbness and internal vibration

I have had the internal vibration a couple of years. Doctors eyes just glaze over when I mention it! I've been taking sublingual B12 and it's not as strong as it once was.

The neurologist believes my neuropathy has an autoimmune cause. He just hasn't identified it yet!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2006, 06:27 AM   #3
(female)

dahlek HB User
Re: numbness and internal vibration

Can you make an appt for a neurologist or get a referral? It wouldn't hurt to check it all out. Also did you have a bad flu or cold a month or few months prior to your getting numb? That's what triggered auto-immune PN for me. Altho most neuropathies start at the 'peripherals'-fingers/toes, hands/feet and progress. There are some one-sided neuropathies that can be due to a zillion different things.

There are two sites I'd recommend you look up:
[url]www.neuroexam.com[/url] which outlines what neuros look for and why they do the tests they do and,
[url]www.lizajane.org[/url] a listing of tests compiled by an individual who has both neuropathy and spinal issues. You can see what all is tested, then 'web' up what each test is for.

Since there are over 200 types of neuropathies, most with unknown causes, or have symptoms that resemble other conditions, diagnosing A neuropathy is a complex process of eliminating other stuff. Good luck in your journey - there's a reason out there somewhere!

Closed Thread